Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Can I start my own worm farm?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Can I start my own worm farm?

Is there a cheap way I can start my own worm farm? Since it is spring time here I figured this would be the best time to start my own worm farm. Is there a cheap way? Does anyone have any experience with this subject? Any info on getting me started would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Do a search for worm bed. You will find LOADS of good info. One of my favorites is this thread. I especially like "G"'s setup. I use a 20-gallon plastic parts tub for mine. http://www.crappie.com/crappie/live-...questions.html

sbc
    Mississippi Crappie and Alabama football...Life is good.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Get yourself a large plastic tub with a lid and some 1" pvc pipe. Drill lots of 1/ 4 " holes in the pipe. These will serve as air vents to aerate the soil. Now cut four pieces of pipe for the four corners of the tub. They should be about 1/2 inch from the top. Attach to the tub with silicone on the four sides. Drill some holes in the lid and cover with very fine screen wire (on the top side) mix your soil with peat, garden soil, sand, as well as some chopped brown leaves. (equal parts) Use red Wigger worms. Keep the soil moist but not drenched. Sprinkle yellow corn meal on top about three times a week depending on how many worms you start with.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.