Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reelfoot

Post Thanks / Like

Question Reelfoot

anyone here fish reelfoot lake?I want to know if it is out in the country or is it commercialized?does it have houses all around it?Docks?or is out in the woods?
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like

from what I remember there are a few docks on the water but not many. It is out in the country but they have everything that anyone will ever need.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

It is more out in the country, there are tackle shops and a few lodges and gift shops. The closest town is Samburg and Tiptonville both of them are small towns. Some areas have houses and boat docks but they are close to Samburg, most of the lake doesn't have business or houses in the area.

Post Thanks / Like

There are some homes on the one shoreline in the lower basin. There are resorts scattered around the lake,but not to the point where it is comercialized. There are several bait shops,and Bo's Landing carries a good supply of crappie stuff.
    Also,in Caruthersville,which is not to far away,there is Grizzly Jig Co. which is a crappie anglers mecca.
    Heading towards Kirby's Pocket,there is the Pier restaurand that is good,and in Tiptonville there is Boyette's and several others. If you want lots of food,Boyette's will fill the bill,but be prepared,it is all fried,but good stuff.
    Hope this answere your question,and sorry for the long post
    SHUT UP AND FISH

Post Thanks / Like

Default In The Boonies

Yes and no but a great place to fish and plenty of places to fish out of. Check out these www.reelfoot.com and www.reelfoottourism.com
    get map on reelfoot. com. Search reelfoot lake, lots of information do not forget the map gps would be nice easy to get turnned around wind can be a show stopper. You will enjoy it get a guide for one day be a big help. Have a great trip. The map on reelfoot.com is a good one. lol
    Last edited by ribit; 03-16-2006 at 05:13 PM.
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

The Lake is in the country and the only bigger towns close is Union City and Dyersburg.
    You don't have to worry about pleasure boaters on the lake because it is very dangerous to navigate due to the cypress knees.

In my opinion the lake is fairly easy to figure out and you can catch plenty of fish without a guide if you just ask for a fishing report from one of the bait shops.

Post Thanks / Like

Reelfoot is a great place to get away,no worry about traffic jams or loud party boats, lot of fish but also lots of wind. You can get yourself in a jam if you dont watch the weather. Great Lake!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappieknocker
    ,Boyette's will fill the bill,but be prepared,it is all fried,but good stuff.

Is there any other way to prepare food?:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Males?

Bones - at the big black males up in the tress yet?

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't found any blacks in the trees yet nor have I heard any reports of them being there yet either. They should be getting in there soon though. Usually about the time I start chasing those turkeys hard is when they get in the trees.:o

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast