Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: leakey roof railroad

Post Thanks / Like

Default leakey roof railroad

Some Help please, how hard is it to navagate from otter creek down stream towards pretty bob and hay creek, was kinda wantin to go wed. with the neighbour and do not want to drive to bucksaw ramp. been looking at the map and studying, looks like it is doable, any advice sure would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle, there are others that will have a better idea than me, but given the electronics I think you have, I don't think you will have any problem as long as you stay in the main channel while going to the creek of your choice, especiaaly to Hay creek. It gets a little tight around the powerlines and be careful going into Prettybob...best of luck to you!

Post Thanks / Like

PM sent
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Follow Monty, worked for me.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

You bet DD, follow me and then we will both be lost..........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

It's a simple ride, Michael, if you are putting in at Otter. Trust your electronics. Toughest part of it is from Otter Creek Ramp to Grand Main Channel IMHO.
    Last edited by bwillaub; 05-02-2011 at 02:40 PM.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Get on pad quick and stay, the faster you go the less motor you have in the water. On a serious note, if you’re looking at a good map the channel is pretty well defined; high water can make it a bit more difficult but keep your eye on the depth and enjoy the ride.
    U.S. Air Force Retired LOAD TOAD

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I need a lesson from Otter back to Sparrowfoot. That would save me a ton of money in gas in the truck and boat each trip out. I am less than 10 minute to Sparrowfoot ramp from the house. So would be nice to be able to run from there back to Otter. I have trails from there on down river. Maybe we need to plan another Sparrowfoot meeting to lay trails again. I had them before but sold that GPS unit and now need them on my HDS. If anyone would want to get together and show us rookies again a safe way to travel that area it would be great. Or of someone would want to run just me through that way I would be glad to pay for fuel to follow you. The railroad tracks and next 1/2 mile back towards the quarry have me a little scared.

Post Thanks / Like

Stay to the north end on the railroad tracks and just stay in the channel that navionics shows, I run all out 65-70 mph all the way to Otter (corner alittle sharp at that speed) from sparrowfoot. I have ran from bucksaw to sparrowfoot many a times.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Gets a little tight in spots from what I remember. Not sure I trust my lake insight enough to run it by that alone. So would love to follow someone who does it a lot so I know I am safe. May have to get another meet and greet get together at Sparrowfoot going again so we can lay trails again. I would also like to know how to run over to Cooper creek from the railroad tracks or wherever the best spot is to cut across.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast