Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question for the wappapello fishers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question for the wappapello fishers

I have been trying to figure out where to do some crappie fishing with wappapello being at if current level. I fished wapp a couple years ago when it was 30' high and didnt have much luck. Do any of you spec chasers plan trying some differant lakes or are you gonna wait for the lake to settle some? I read a few post on here last year about a couple differant folks trying lake Girardeau and not being able to catch any crappie, but was wondering if anyone was going to give it a shot. It has been 20 or so years since i have been there and was thinking about giving it shot in the next week or so. I remember it being a smaller lake with a HP limit but that is about all I remember.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have any intent on catching "a" crappie, then I would go anywhere other than Lake Girardeau. If you're just out to enjoy the day, then enjoy. Probably won't be interupted too much by rude fish taking your bait. I will probably wait for Wap to go down some (who knows when that will be). I love dipping minnows in the brush but not 35ft deep. Most of the other lakes around, small or large are rather high and dirty right now. It sounds to me like if you really want to catch some fish right now you need to head west or north, maybe Truman, LOZ or Twain.

Post Thanks / Like

Anothere problem you have with Wappapello now is, no boat ramps open.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought a guy could go up to Shook and put in the road ditch, but talked to a guy yesterday that lives near Hattie's Ford and said the road was closed, D Hwy. I think 51 is closed from Arab to Puxico, so Duck Creek's out. I would imagine that NUT junction is underwater, so I doubt you could get to Girardeau unless you came in off 34. The road from Hwy ? to the right turn up the hill may be underwater. Reelfoot I think a guy could get to, if he wanted to take the chance that the levee would hold. A guy might get to Clearwater, I don't know. Might go to some MDC ponds around. I'm done for a while, not gonna fight it. Planting tomatoes and mowing the yard. Whoooeeeeee LOL