Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trailer Bunk Slides

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trailer Bunk Slides

Any of you ever use any type of trailer bunk slides? I see them advertised in the catalogues of Cabela's and in Bass Pro Shop.
    Also, I have heard using a silicone spray on your trailor bunk boards makes it easier to load/unload? Anyone have any experience with that?

Post Thanks / Like

I use Glyde Sliks with an alum boat. Work great, just don't unlatch the winch until it is in the water.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Used A Product Called Liquid Rollers On My Bunks And It Really Made Them Slick [got It At A Boat Dealer]
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rls1936
    I use Glyde Sliks with an alum boat. Work great, just don't unlatch the winch until it is in the water.
    And How, I have seen to many boats come off while going down the ramp... Great question...
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

rls1936... what brand did you get? Also, what size did you get? I see some come in 3" wide and some are 1.5 " wide (according to the catalog). I assume all the hardware to install them came with the sliks?

frank lawhead... Was it in a spray can? Did you just spray directly on the bunks? I would guess you have carpeted bunks?

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to stay with carpet, save some money and buy a $3 can of 3M Silicone spray.

The bunks need to be dry when applied. Use the entire can and let the sun bake it in.

Be prepared when you load for the first time, your boat will slide up into the back of your truck if you are not careful. Also, DO NOT REMOVE YOUR BOW STRAP until the boat is in the water.

Personally, I would remove the carpet and install Tie Down's Self Centering Bunk Covers.

Click on the picture for more info.

Last edited by HOTSPOT; 03-14-2006 at 07:55 PM.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Duke

Yes It Was In A Spray Can And I Sprayed It On Carpeted Bunks

My Guess Is Silacone Would Be Cheaper And Do About The Same Thing
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Tip---When loading your boat, just back the trailer in untill the bunks are wet, then pull it up just enough to let the boat motor push the boat fully on the trailer. Much easier to load a boat this way--when the bunks are wet all the way forward.

Post Thanks / Like

i've got the glide slicks on my pontoon trailer, and they work great.toon just slides right off.............
    Remember, throw'em back unless ITZAKEEPER ....

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

When I first installed the glide slicks thye worked great. Since then I've removed the bunks to recover them. I reinstalled the slicks but they don't work near as well as they did. I think i've got to remove the slicks, readjust the bunks, then put the slicks back on. Thats quite a job since I have to do it with the boat on the trailer. Putting the slicks back on is no problem as I just take a couple cordless drills with me when I go fishing and can do it after I launch the boat.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast