Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Perry Lake 4/20

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Perry Lake 4/20

Not proud of my catching in numbers but did get two big girls, 14 1/8 and 15 1/4 inches, sorry no pictures. Not smart enough to figure out to post pictures. The fish are scattered, but seem to find most of them 14 to 22 feet of water, around but not in brushpiles. What I did catch (7) were caught on black and chartruse umbrella jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice day guys. Sometimes it's more fun to go hog hunting than go after the numbers.
    It's not duck season so I have to do something... :D

You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report from Perry. I am going to try and make it out there this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Good fishing big mo, lets us know how you did.

Post Thanks / Like

Took nephews out to a dock Friday evening and took home 18 big boys with minnows in 3ft water. Tried to duplicate Saturday in the boat and no takers near the bank. Trolled rock creek bridge 7 ft picked up 8 keepers slow going. Stayed close to boat ramp due to rain threatening.

Hit shoreline on foot this evening with jig and bobber in rock creek arm. 18 keepers in about 2 hrs. Males are getting their suits on. Water temp in rock creek 56 degrees on saturday. I am thinking evening will be better till it warms up more. I predict this week should be picking up and busting loose by next weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

On a fishing vacation this week and half of next week. Limit Monday in 3 hrs on foot running roadrunner and twister with bobber along rocky shoreline. Also, used 12 ft pole dipping the rocks (Rock Creek Arm in less than 2 ft of water).

Took boat out today and made a goal to keep nothing shorter than 11" Found a steep rocky area and no bites pulling a jig and bobber. Could not long pole the shoreline due to wind direction and boat position. Decided to let the waves only move the bobber and jig (john deere color) without reeling or twitching. The bobber was hammed under the water within 15 seconds, ended up limiting out with this pattern by 1:30. Had to cast within 5 ft of shoreline any further out no bites and if you moved the bobber no bites. If you were casting a jig to the shore or pulling a jig and bobber you would have missed them, thinking they were not on the shore yet. Don't let the 56 degree water fool you, the males a very dark and moving shallow.