Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: monster green carp

Post Thanks / Like

Default monster green carp

No bul@+hit i was out on loz tonite i hooked a 10 or 11 in crappie, as i got it close to the boat i could see something giving chase. When it came next to the boat it was the biggest damn largemouth i have ever seen in person. I would guess it was around 26 inchs and about 13 lbs or better. I just had to share this hell it mad me week in the knees
    will fish for food

Post Thanks / Like

Cool experience! I was fishing a pond one time and had several crappie on a stringer and had the stringer attached to my tackle bag, all of a sudden the stringer took off and pulled tight and sure enough there was about a 6 lb bass swimming off with my crappie on the stringer. Of course he didn't get any but dang if I hadn't had it attached to the tackle bag he probably would have swam off with the whole thing.

Post Thanks / Like

If you tell me the cove you were in I'll catch him next week so he won't scare you like that again. :D

As aggressive as bass are I'm surprised stuff like that doesn't happen more often. I think I've had that happen once with a bass. I have had it happen numerous times in saltwater. I've had fish eaten off of my line by sharks, barracudas, goliath groupers, and wahoo. The coolest incident like this I have ever seen was in Brazil peacock bass fishing. My dad hooked a trieda (looks like a bowfin/dogfish) of about 1.5 lbs and was skiing it across the water. Suddenly there was a green flash followed by a huge explosion and the trieda went cartwheeling through the air. A peacock of about 20 lbs had pounded it.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool story-13# is a huge bass!!
    They stocked tiger muskie in Pony Express lake,and had 1 take a slash at a cut shad as I was lifting it out of the water to re-cast,I know what you mean about getting weak-kneed....that'll wake ya up!!

keeferfish is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Seen it happen at Lake Viking – a buddy was reeling in a small crappie and a bass came up to take a swipe at it and missed so he lowered the lucky little 7” crappie back down and sure enough the largemouth hit it again. This time the crappie jig got lodged in the roof of his mouth and my fishing partner landed a 6lb bass on an ultra light. Fun Fun

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Seen it happen at Lake Viking – a buddy was reeling in a small crappie and a bass came up to take a swipe at it and missed so he lowered the lucky little 7” crappie back down and sure enough the largemouth hit it again. This time the crappie jig got lodged in the roof of his mouth and my fishing partner landed a 6lb bass on an ultra light. Fun Fun
    tell your buddy that you can't use crappie as bait ,it's against MDC laws to use gamefish as bait.LOL

Post Thanks / Like

13# is unbelievable for this part of the country. Great story.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a sharked king.

Name:  HalfKing.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  49.6 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwillaub View Post
    13# is unbelievable for this part of the country. Great story.
    my wife caught a 8# largemouth last year and this fish made it look like a 3#Er
    will fish for food