Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boat Ramp Rage

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Boat Ramp Rage

I know I should not even be bothered, But, today I sat 15 Mins. while one man blocked a two boat ramp with his truck and trailer in the middle of it and he worked inside his boat tying down rods, putting up net, and just general cleaning while all this time me and two other truck and trailers wait for the ramp.. Wow, I feel better now, after a good venting. Sometimes we just need to gripe to somebody I guess....Thanks for giving me your ear for a few Mins..Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, everyone needs to vent as I would of felt the same. Some boaters just dont understand or even think about other boaters needs. I am proud that you took a grip and held onto your feelings. I can tell your a true fisherman... Hang in there..
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

I had that to happen to me a few weeks. Ago. And lucky me. I got to load my boat back in front of him a few days later.
    And I was nice. And held the ramp up for about 20 minutes.( no one else there but us) He did not like it a bit. and even had the nerve to say something. I smiled at him and told him flat out. To kiss my A$$, and I think he got the ideal. Now if he is there he pulls back to the parking lot to do that stuff.
    part of me wished he was dumb enough to try somethign. but he did not.

WE have a few ramps that have signs that they will get a ticket if caught doing anything but loading or unloading the boat.

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Easy solution.....be the first one there. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I have had the same problem a few times. Some folks just don't think very much about anyone but themselves.

Andrus Cove, La. (between Lake Arthur & Jennings)
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had that same thing happen to me. My solution was to ask the guy nicely to move and load his boat out of the ramp. He got a little smarta@# with me, so I got in his truck and moved it for him. I almost caused a fight, but the owner of the launch was there and told him not to come back.

Warren
    The postings on this site by me, Marshrat, are opinion only unless specified as truth. I will not be held responsible for anyone using my opinions as an aliby to keep from getting in trouble with the law.:D

Post Thanks / Like

had that happen a few years ago, as the idiot tidied up his boat i was more than a little ticked. after about 15 min. he was ready to leave, i pulled my truck and boat across the ramp, put it in park and decided it was time for my morning meeting on the porcelain throne. when i came back out of the john i got my rods and other items from the back of the truck and placed them in the boat then i pulled up and let the idiot leave. he was more than a little pissed but when I am 6'4" and over 250 he didn't give much lip

Post Thanks / Like

This happens a lot on the weekends where I fish. Especially party barges!! Just use a little patience and try not to let it bother you. Most are just inexperienced boaters but I agree there a a few inconsiderate boaters on every lake who just don't care.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

thats why i go to a launch where you pay your $4.00 get in your boat they launch you and you go when you come back they back your trailer down you load it and you go .

Post Thanks / Like

I had a guy last year wait for me to put my boat on the trailer. Then he backed in his boat. He unhooked it, but it was still on the trailer. He got in to get it running before he completed the launch. I guess he got real flustered while trying to get it running. He got it started, while I talked to another fellow. We watched him circle around a few times and I guess he was satisfied with the way it was running. We watched as he headed for deeper water and then accross the lake. He had already loaded his fishing stuff in the boat and he never came back, his truck and trailer were still down the ramp when I decided to leave. I know the fellow and he had been in a bad car accident and suffered brain damage from it, so I'm assuming since he never looked back at the ramp, he just forgot. Good thing there weren't much traffic and another ramp.
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast