Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Good place for camping on Buggs in May????????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good place for camping on Buggs in May????????

We usually do a week long family camping trip down at Hibernia every year in May. The fishing is OK, but more importantly it is a good place for the little one and the Mrs. to play in the water and relax in the shade.
    This year I'm thinking about moving the trip a little bit closer to home(South of Danville) and hopefully to some better water for crappie. We need a nice shady waterfront site where the 2yo can splash around and also somewhere I can leave the jon in the water for the week.

Do any of you have any suggestions up on the Western part of the lake? Favorite places for the family?(We're tent camping, so all we need is a power hookup to charge TM batteries)

Thanks in advance!
    You just gonna sit there an argue, or fish?
    ~Claud Ledbetter~

Post Thanks / Like

I don't camp anymore so I can't be much help. The only camping i know of is at the State Park. I've never stayed there, But I'm sure you could bring up their website and see if any of their sites meet your needs.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HeyCharlie View Post
    Thanks! did that, got a couple suggestions for Longwood but it's booked for our dates. We're still looking. Worse come to worse we'll stay at Henderson point and I'll make the run up to the Grassy creek area a couple times. With gas prices like they are I'm trying to cut back as much as possible............. Ain't so much the $$ as the principle, not interested in helping the fat cats get fatter.
    You just gonna sit there an argue, or fish?
    ~Claud Ledbetter~