Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Night Fishing for Crappie Under Lights

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night Fishing for Crappie Under Lights

I am an avid daytime crappie fisherman. Can anyone give me some pointers on fishing under lights at night for crappie. Do you fish in the bright light under the boat or on the outskirts of the light ??? Should my submersible light be on the bottom, near the top, or in the middle ??? Does anyone use anything other than minnows at night ???? What are some good places to try night fishing, docks, channels with brush, other places???
    Thanks

Prospect Hill,N.C. LAKES, FALLS AND JORDAN
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Night Stalking

Go to crappie.com home page click on articles and then click on night stalking authored by Rango.This will answer just about any question you have on night stalking.
    JERK THEM OUT BY DA ROOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Troller
    I am an avid daytime crappie fisherman. Can anyone give me some pointers on fishing under lights at night for crappie. Do you fish in the bright light under the boat or on the outskirts of the light ??? Should my submersible light be on the bottom, near the top, or in the middle ??? Does anyone use anything other than minnows at night ???? What are some good places to try night fishing, docks, channels with brush, other places???
    Thanks
    Unfortunately, most lakes in my part of the state don't allow night fishing by boat, but I do have one lake I frequent that has great nightime dock fishing. In heavily pressured lakes like mine, you can often catch the bigger slabs at night. For dock fishing, I use a green submersible just under the surface. I usually fish my bait/bobber combo on the fringe of light. I also have good luck with tube jigs retrieved from dark water to light. Dave.

Post Thanks / Like

I am no pro, start outside the light. with a white light , they seem to be kind of scared. I do better when i set close to some structure, but not on it.I during the summer fish 13 ft.on one lake. Brine shrimp show , minnows show, than crapps show. usually takes close to a hour till things start to happen.I only use minnows .Don't be suprised if they arn't sitting on the bottom. I get mine 6 inches from the bottom.I'll bet you will find em deeper than I do, cause you are further south.