Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mounting rod holders

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mounting rod holders

I am having a hard time figuring out the best way to mount my rod holders to the aluminum floor of my boat.
    Anyone have ideas on how to get a round base plate to mount solidly to an aluminum deck?
    I am currently using them on the rails with a piece of wood and C clamps but would really like to get them in the fllor in front of me.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what kind of round base you are speaking of but some stainless sheet metal screws should do the trick in most applications. Drill a hole a little smaller than the diameter of the screws so the threads will have something to bite into. If you can get to the bottom side of the base...under the floor....use some small bolts and locking nuts. Hope this helps. Billy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice Billy.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone ever used the mounts that slide over your seat pedestal?

Post Thanks / Like

bigbob, I too have aluminum casting decks and spent yesterday installing the flush bases for the tbar rod holders. I drilled pilot holes, used locktite, and used the stainless self tapping screws that came with the tbars. I installed them in the best area for spider rigging but not sure how secure they will be. I don't think they screwed into the bow structure supports but only into the thin alum deck floor. The alum floor flexes a little when I wiggle the tbar. I'm curious what you ended up doing and how it's holding up?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have a set for front and back that go over the set pedestal. A friend of mine made them and they work great. No holes need to be drilled in your deck.
    Set da hook

Post Thanks / Like

You guys know this thread is over six years old right?

(C.J.)
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)