Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Live well question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Live well question

I have a 1994 tracker pro deep v 17 and the live well has two holes in it. One at the top and one at the bottom and has a pump that pumps water in to it. I want to change to an auto system. Cause this way is a pain to mess with pulling the plug all the time. I guess my question is how hard is it to change to a auto system

Post Thanks / Like

What do you mean by auto system. One that recirculates? You need a flowrite valve https://www.flow-rite.com/contact-us

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I mean one I don't have to put a plug in and out all the time

Post Thanks / Like

all wells I've ever seen have a drain plug in them. Gravity drain. Pump to fill them up and an aerator to put air in the water. never seen one that pumps out, but I'm not saying they don't make them.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

My '02 tracker has pump that pumps fresh water in on a timer or continuously (if in manual) and an overflow that keeps the regulates the max level. Also has a drain at the bottom that has a control in the cockpit to drain. If you have a way to to plumb in the flowrite and an overflow it shouldn't be very diff.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is a gravity fill. And it has a pump for an aerator. The thing I don't like is if u don't put the plug in when u take off the live well will empty. If u leave the plug in all the time u will get dead water in there. If u run the aerator with the plug in the over flow hole won't let enough water out as to what u pump in