Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guntersville photos taken with Ed Moes

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Guntersville photos taken with Ed Moes

Well it has taken me a few days to thaw out and recover from the tremendously bad weather Slab amd I experienced this week while fishing at Guntersville. I detailed a lot of the facts on the thread http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-...lab-today.html but I promised you photos so here they are.

Rev. Tim Jennings (Style) , Rev. Michael Carter (Shipahoy 41) and Mr. Ed Moes (Slab) prepare for a fun day of crappie fishing. My wife Loretta stayed at Hampton Inn and caught up with her reading.

Our shirts wre given to us by Bob Hinkle (Snake River) They were extremely comfortable. After we took this photo we had to hurry up and put on our jackets because of the cold, rain and super higher winds. That same system is producing excessive snow right now in Cleveland Ohio and will hit Vermont and New York soon.

We are hoping that we will catch a limit of crappies like these we saw in the aquarium at the Top Of The River Restaurant where we ate dinner. The catfish is superb eating there.

Old Ship has his fishing tackle and inventions at the ready. He made quiver rod carriers and even had a rod holder on his tackle box for those times when there is no ground to stick one into.

I was field testing some of the jigs by Snake River

We had a wonderful time, and we even made a new friend, William Adderly. He did not even come there to fish but to check on his application at the Oyster House where we had lunch. Slab started chatting with him in the parking lot and told him we were crappie.com members. William happened to have had his gear in the back of his truck, so he came out and fished with us. Afterwords, William gave us a tour of the area, showing us where we could fish from shore. Slab gave him a crappie.com decal for his truck window.

The weather was cold and raw which was very harmful to me after just spending seven days in the hospital with double pneumonia less than three weeks ago. We fished for four hours today and everyone caught fish, including a four pound catfish by Tim, just not crappies today. The Shellcrackers as well as the Bluegills loved the 1.5 white minnow created by Snake River and they were eagerly biting. I put black striping on the minnow with a Sharpie marker and used a Spike It marker to give it an orange underbelly. The cold front really shut the crappies and me down today. Had to drink lots of hot tea afterwards.

Slab was catching them on curly tails

Slab placed a crappie.com decal on my truck.

Slab gave me a book signed by himself as well as Tim Huffman. That really made my day.

On the way home I thought how nice it was to meet Ed. I was honored and blessed to meet and fish with him.

This is what I had done just 10 days before fishing at Neely Henry lake. The weather was in the 80's and it felt wonderful. I was hoping that Slab and I would have similar fortune but it was not to be this time.

Next time I will test the carrots by Snake River. I have been seeing wonderful reviews on them, especially the red/cream and chartreuse/lime colors

Be blessed everyone.
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 04-01-2011 at 08:07 AM.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like fun Ship!
    I have eaten at that restraunt before. As a matter of fact when I work down there in Albertville I stay right across the lake at the formally Holiday Inn and now the Best Western.
    I have been going down there for 6 years now and have yet to wet a line..
    Maybe someday?
    Tom Hankins
    Lake Fork Trophy Lures
    Whisker Seeker Tackle
    Moss Back Fish Rack
    Cumberland Crappie
    G3 Boats

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

ship I'm glad to see you in slab had a good time I'm glad that the little plastic baits worked out for you.

www.bobsjigs.com

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice pics and a good report Ship......I know you guys had a blast even though the crappie did not cooperate.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Great report. Top Of The River is my favorite restaurant in Guntersville! Cheap prices, free cornbread and slaw when you sit down, and great catfish. I also really like the crawfish there.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you guys had a great time. Thanks for posting the pics!

Post Thanks / Like

Great pic Ship and you know that even tho the weather was nippy, the friendship warmed the day!

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you had a great time!!!!!!!!!!!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

A good time had by all, great post Ship.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    A good time had by all, great post Ship.
    We did have a great time. Thank you Skeetbum.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast