Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Chroma Glow Crappie Nibbles

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chroma Glow Crappie Nibbles

I'd it just me, or do these things not glow? I bought a jar of the red ones because I didn't have Nibbles in red and wanted to try out the color, and the Chroma Glow ones were all the store had in red. By the name you'd think they would glow in the dark, but I sure as hell can't see any glow while cupping my hands over them. What gives?

At least the fish didn't seem to mind. Got about 30 of them today. My first crappie of the year.
    Don't worry, catch crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

No one has used these and can comment on whether they actually glow or not? Did the stores around here get a bad batch, or are they all like this?
    Don't worry, catch crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

i took a peek at some in a store, and they did glow, but it wouldnt knock your eyes out or anything.
    Ive only found a handful of baits that "glow" that really glow brightly, even if charged(light source)

HB

Post Thanks / Like

Have read several places that "glo" can actually be more effective as it begins to "fade" (emits less and less light) because it more closely resembles several things that do naturally "glo" as reflections from scales or true bio luminescanse? most of which are in fact faint also...

Post Thanks / Like

They take some time under a light and aren't real bright. Regardless, they smell funky enough. I've done fairly well with them, lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Set a few out on a paper towel with the light on. After several minutes, go in and close the door where it is completely dark. Turn off the light and you pretty much have your answer.

I've made some glow jigs and noticed some colors glow more than others. As said before, a little glow might be better than something real bright. I walked by a box of my glow plastics the other night after turning off the light to go bed and they were glowing in the box where the light from the kitchen table had got them glowing.

I use nibbles more for smell than for sight and usually use glow chartreuse.

Post Thanks / Like

Am not sure about other parts of the US of A, but locally (SW Ohio) about all that am aware of that brightly "glo"s naturally are fire flies and a type of midge larvae...

Post Thanks / Like

im sure if they make it in japan the next batch will surely glow. haha
    "In fishing it is not how big the worm is, its how much it can wiggle"