Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SSS Smithville Skunk Sunday

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SSS Smithville Skunk Sunday

It Was a Tough Windy day Sunday Afternoon. Made the wrong choice and went to Smithville Sunday instead of heading to Truman. (or staying home) The weather scared us into staying close to home. We should have headed south.

Not a bite on brush piles, Trees or sailboat cove and I really don’t think anyone was doing any better. We did manage to catch a couple of 8 inch stinky shad.:p

My best catch of the day was the catching the front graph as it flew in the air heading back to the boat ramp. Did I mention it was ROUGH! Doh The shower of 48 degree was felt nice though. Thumbs Up

Dave might have put a hex on my new crappie counter, I think it’s BROKE!:D

Post Thanks / Like

Dem beads don't wanna slide?

Aside from the wind (which kept me away) it was awfully tempting to head out. Glad I didn't!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't be comin' to Truman if them skunks are following u.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

bet the wind wouldn't have been much better on Truman, sounds like a pretty wild boat ride!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    It Was a Tough Windy day Sunday Afternoon. Made the wrong choice and went to Smithville Sunday instead of heading to Truman. (or staying home) The weather scared us into staying close to home. We should have headed south.

Not a bite on brush piles, Trees or sailboat cove and I really don’t think anyone was doing any better. We did manage to catch a couple of 8 inch stinky shad.:p

My best catch of the day was the catching the front graph as it flew in the air heading back to the boat ramp. Did I mention it was ROUGH! Doh The shower of 48 degree was felt nice though. Thumbs Up

Dave might have put a hex on my new crappie counter, I think it’s BROKE!:D
    What do you need the counter for anyway? Oh wait, you keep track of what everyone else catches.

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    What do you need the counter for anyway? Oh wait, you keep track of what everyone else catches.
    So how much does it cost to have someone else catch’em for ya?:D

Oh and I'll try and leave the skunks behind!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    So how much does it cost to have someone else catch’em for ya?:D

Oh and I'll try and leave the skunks behind!
    Actually, it's pretty reasonable. I bring Monty cantaloupe or I bring Bwillaub a 12 pk of Bud Light

Post Thanks / Like

Aha. Keeferfish. I know exactly who you are! You were in the nice red boat. A lowe right? Anyway. You and your buddy talked to my wife and I a couple times. We worked those damn brush piles in Sailboat cove for a long time and didn't catch squat. We were the ones in the red lund.

Whew, that ride back was a treat. I think the waves were around 3 ft in some places.

Better luck next time! And yeah, I'd hide that counter for awhile.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by embo_9 View Post
    Aha. Keeferfish. I know exactly who you are! You were in the nice red boat. A lowe right? Anyway. You and your buddy talked to my wife and I a couple times. We worked those damn brush piles in Sailboat cove for a long time and didn't catch squat. We were the ones in the red lund.

Whew, that ride back was a treat. I think the waves were around 3 ft in some places.

Better luck next time! And yeah, I'd hide that counter for awhile.
    Ok Bill this post gave you away Red lowe You must have been out with Alex? Also I glued you beads where it wont slide!!!
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't have much luck Friday fishing the main lake . The guy I took along caught a few , but we only had one keeper that we threw back . I haven't heard of too many guys catching crappie lately . I might try for Walleyes one of these evenings after work .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast