Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Creeks?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Creeks?

Well with this week off I wanna get some fishing in but it looks like its going to be windy so I need to stick with creeks with my 14' boat. Chatt got me off to a great start with dragoon, what other creeks do you guys recommend? I tried rock creek at clinton friday with only 3 keepers but I will definently be back. Has anyone fished the delaware? I seen it has a boat ramp in Vally Falls that I noticed this winter while up thier deer hunting. How bout any other creeks around perry? I know chatt talked about the verdigus down by toronto might be time for a road trip. Thanks Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Sportsman where do you live. I would look at some of the state fishing lakes. Smaller but I have been finding some nice fish in them and being the only boat on the lake doesn't hurt either.
    It's not duck season so I have to do something... :D

You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Kansas City

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget Melvern and Council Grove.
    Both have good ramps if you don"t mind gravel.
    Whites might be biting at Melvern
    and Mounkers creek is a great place to
    get out of a strong south wind.

Post Thanks / Like

Herrington both new and old have been producting some nice 13 to 16 inch fish I have heard. If you are will to drive an hour there are some great state and city lake just west of Topeka that are gettin no pressure and have some real nice fish. Centraila and Atchison have been good also.
    It's not duck season so I have to do something... :D

You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, Nobody's givin up the most obvious. So I guess I will. Go to the wakarusa. There's a boat ramp way up the river. There's plenty of good fishin for several miles up & down river. Only problem is, if there is any strong rains, it flood easy & is a muddy mess. I do alot of fishing up there in May in my 2-man. The last 2 years, its been a bust, flooded, muddy waste of time.
    Don't lie, There's less you have to remember

Post Thanks / Like

Today we tried Eagle Creek above John Redman from the bank with minnows and jig. 0 bites. Moved to Melvern above Arvonia in the river caught 1 keeper and one white bass. I think a couple of warm days will help. If you feel like driving a ways, Monkers at Council Grove may be another option. good luck