Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Looking for advise !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Looking for advise !!!

I was so exited just bought my first aluminum 12 ' boat with a two motors and very descant looking trailer just lust week .
    As a first boat buyer i was looking to save some $ and learn step by step take care of it.
    Boat is OK just couple rivets leaks i took care of it, out board needs some serves and i am fine with it, but trailer is a head ace. It 's in good shape despite age solid frame . good wiring etc BUT weals on this trailer has no holes for bolts only one hall in the middle
    on the bearing I was trying to find spare weal for a trailer spend hours on line and end up
    with nothing nobody make them any more.
    So if any body knows any body or may be some places where old trailers disposed or trailers junk yards for oldies i would really appreciate any advise or info where i can get one spare 8' weal with one hole in the middle.
    Thank you very much for such a long reading......

Post Thanks / Like

Would suggest getting boat off and trailer on jacks, remove and clean wheel bearings and repack with bearing grease; also, check the condition of the hand crank and cable, lub the gears lightly. Also check hitch and lightly oil the release mechinism and lastltly check all lights on the trailer to ensure brakes, running and turn signal lights/ wiring is good. Outdoor Sports Tires SAYS they have/ can get ANY tire...you will have to pay for shipping, of course...

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a few more dollars than you might want to spend, but you could change the hubs to the newer version with lug nuts. Eliminate the problem of a spare as you could buy them anywhere. If you could find a used trailer that had good hubs, change the bearings so that you knew they were right, and get your new wheels. Probably wouldn't have to mess with it for a very long time afterwards. I don't know of anyone that would have a spare for your current set up. Don't forget the bearing buddies.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

X2 those older 1 hole wheels are more than likely lawnmower wheels and tires, Change the hubs, depends where you live i got mine at ACE hardware bearings already installed for just a little more than replacing the bearings alone. this will save you a bunch of headaches in the future and raise the resale value if you decide to upgrade in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    It's a few more dollars than you might want to spend, but you could change the hubs to the newer version with lug nuts. Eliminate the problem of a spare as you could buy them anywhere. If you could find a used trailer that had good hubs, change the bearings so that you knew they were right, and get your new wheels. Probably wouldn't have to mess with it for a very long time afterwards. I don't know of anyone that would have a spare for your current set up. Don't forget the bearing buddies.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    Thank you very much for reading and advise .

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you !