Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pomme de terre dam repair ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pomme de terre dam repair ?

Anyone hear how they are getting along below the dam?I cross the river everyday and there is alot of water heading to the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Was down visiting a buddy about 2 and a half weeks ago and they wherepouring the floor and was going to do the walls next. the said in the local paper that they are on pace to get it done in time they allowed. they should be getting close. Will talk to him tonight and see if he knows. Thats all I know at this time.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update.

Post Thanks / Like

Davey,

Here's what a guy with the inside scoop said:

"Per conversations with contractor we are going to try to "accelerate" their schedule as much as possible, with good weather should be able to complete the work in the stilling basin itself in 4 wks or less with good weather. Will continue to let lake rise to elevation of 850.0, if it gets that high we will be watching the forecasts very closely, if it hits 855.00 then we will likely give the contractor notice to vacate the stilling basin, with any luck it won't happen. The engineers give a 35% chance of reaching 851 by end of month with "normal" parameters. Hopefully by April 15 we will once again be dumping water down the river and lowering the lake. Will try to update as project moves along."

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Brad,have you been out on it lately?missed last weekend and it's about to get the best of me.Frank said that the water was at the top of the lanes at the boat ramp last weekend.Jamie is wanting to go this weekend and I have'nt picked a lake out yet.getting good reports at Stockton and Truman.

Post Thanks / Like

2-3 week ago i went 2 pomm. it was windy and couldnt fish the points but. it was a good time.going 2 stockton this sat.i hope they keep the lake even so we have a goood spawn. thanks for the info on the dam..

Post Thanks / Like

Dave,

I went out last Thursday the bite was moderate but did manage to catch more than enough. I put in at Hermitage State Park and just fished the dam area. The water then was 6' high, even higher now. Found the fish in 20-25 fow down in the middle of the brush. The funny thing was your secret color - blue and silver was the only color they would touch - I tried just about every color in the rainbow!

Didn't get to stay long I lost my bearings and had to get my trailer to the shop, now I'm boatless as I'm waiting for an axel to show up!

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

Check on them this morning. They are pouring the 6th of 23 total pours for the sidewalls of the stilling basin and are picking up speed. They are planning to pour nearly every day, with a missed day here and there as the forms have to set for 3 days before they can pour the top half, then it has to set for 3 more days before they can move the forms, but they are moving along. Hope the rains hold off for a few weeks, one big rain is going to kill us, as 850 will make them nervous, and 855 will likely get the contract shut down until we can lower the lake and that is bad due to increased cost, lost funding for project damage to work alread performed, etc. etc. etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. Hope everything progresses according to schedule. That would be great for everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info everyone.Sorry to hear about losing a axle.Kenny did the same thing two weeks ago tomarrow,lucky he had a spare and we went back and changed it the next day and then went fishing,picked up a couple of limits and went home so it was'nt to bad of a day.Hope the rains hold off so they can finish the work below the dam.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast