Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wildlife Code

Post Thanks / Like

Question Wildlife Code

stray brought up something on the main board. The Wildlife code says 30 in the aggragate, except certain lakes. I'm sure we know which ones i'm talking about and it's 15 daily on them. The question, is there a posession limit. Can you go to the lake for 4 days and come home with 60 crappie as long as they're bagged and dated. I was allways under the impression it was 30 in posession. Thought i'd ask here. but am still going to call the MDC tomorrow...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

If you would be so kind as to post up the answer when you find out it might keep a few people from getting into trouble! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

My Dad lived on Table Rock Lake until he passed 3 years ago. He was 83 yo.

He had a freezer soley for Crappie. He dated all of his bags and put his name on them. But he didn't need to go to another lake to fish. If he sent home fish with me he ALWAYS made sure that it was less than the possession limit.

I was coming home one time several years ago. This happened about 15 years ago. Had to go through a Mo. Conservation check point just south of Harrisonville Mo. They checked my license and let me go. I did not get any b.s. from them and I was in no shape to give them any. I had several empty beer cans in the cab.

I would be interested in the response too.

Randy
    Last edited by Rmoore; 03-02-2006 at 08:32 PM.
    Bad day of fishing better than a very good day at work

Randy

Post Thanks / Like

No you can only have 30 fish in your posession when fishing those lakes, even if you was there 2 weeks and caught a limit of fish every day. I know a guy that got nailed during duck season for having more in his posession than you should of had. He was only taking his daily bag limit but was there for several days. This was on truman by the way.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default limits

you can only have your limit of the max. no of fish whether it is at home, on the lake,camping or where ever. in mo. in ok. if you have out of state lic. you can have double your limit on the lake you are camped at.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got off the phone with an agent. He said the posession limit in Mo. is 30. Also said they have alot of calls from people that are ticketed for this. We talked for quiet awhile and he read the rule from the Wildlife Code to me, then agreed it's easily prercieved as 15 a day. Sounds to me like they knew about the problem and are not fixing it. Maybe to right more tickets, ya think? I've allways thought the limit in posession was 30 , but now i'm sure theres probably alot of honest folks out there that are being ticketed because of this. And as beagle said, that 30 in posession apply's to your freezer at home to...izzy
    Last edited by izzysfishin; 03-03-2006 at 11:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by izzysfishin
    Just got off the phone with an agent. He said the posession limit in Mo. is 30. Also said they have alot of calls from people that are ticketed for this. We talked for quiet awhile and he read the rule from the Wildlife Code to me, then agreed it's easily prercieved as 15 a day. Sounds to me like they knew about the problem and are not fixing it. Maybe to right more tickets, ya think? I've allways thought the limit in posession was 30 , but now i'm sure theres probably alot of honest folks out there that are being ticketed because of this. And as beagle said, that 30 in posession apply's to your freezer at home to...izzy
    Opps! well I'll have to start catch and release practice soon...anybody got room in there Freezer for Filets!?!

Post Thanks / Like

It's something to think about. Every year theres a bunch of us goes to Truman, 20 to 30 guys. We have a bbq Fri. night and a fish fry Sat. night. If we have fish left over, (allways) we'll have another fry later in the summer. A couple years ago i was volunteered to keep said fish in my freezer, some bags were labeled some were not. Did'nt give it much thought, as everybody threw their fish in my cooler as we were packing up to head home Sun. morning. Can you imagine what the fine would have been if i was checked on the way home. I had 17 gallon bags some with 15 fish but most with 10 to 12. That will never happen again...izzy
    Last edited by izzysfishin; 03-03-2006 at 01:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

If they start coming into my house to check my freezer for crappie fillets over the possession limit- I think we will ALL have bigger problems to worry about other than getting a ticket. Just how is one to get through the winter? Have they never heard of the "Ant and the Grasshopper" story? I always wondered what the rationale behind the posession limit was. As long as someone doesn't catch and keep over their daily limit AND doesn't sell wild game meat, I don't see a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

I seriously doubt MDC will start going door to door checking everyones freezers. But I am sure if you are camped out at a lake and they see you at the clean station twice in one day over several days. Or see the same boat every day on the water. Then to me then you are just looking to get checked.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast