Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shore fishing/ Bank fishing ideas???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shore fishing/ Bank fishing ideas???

Hey folks , Im a newbie on here and really enjoy reading all the post and articles you guys put up here! I live in springfield and do not have a boat, so when it comes to catching crappie it gets kinda tough. I didnt know if anybody on here would have any tips or tricks they could help me out with on finding some areas to fish on pomme,stockton, or lake o . any help would be awesome. THANKS!

Post Thanks / Like

You can fish off the bank at stockton state marina,cc bridge on hwy 160 down by Greenfield,over at the bridge at Aldridge just to name a few. Right now the best place would be at the marina,boats are in there catching them also on the east side.Tie a bobber on at about 6 foot and go for it. Welcome to the board

Post Thanks / Like

Arky gave you some good advice. It won't be long and the bank will be packed with fisherman off the old road at CC and that would be a great place to start. Also some good places around High point and masters on stockton. Depending on the weather just drive down to stockton in 2-3 weeks and you will see a lot of people fishing and start to get a feel for what areas are productive. Start up the creeks/river where the warm water will be.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

hey arky i saw u at marina fishing off bank with boat on trailer,do u just pull the boat that far just in case u need it or was it easier to get em from the bank.. a man and a young boy for got the limit there the other day had over 80 crappie,i told my wife to watch the stockton paper i wondered what it was going to cost em.....the possum cop got em
    Crappie,turkey and mushrooms Great American Food

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rancher View Post
    hey arky i saw u at marina fishing off bank with boat on trailer,do u just pull the boat that far just in case u need it or was it easier to get em from the bank.. a man and a young boy for got the limit there the other day had over 80 crappie,i told my wife to watch the stockton paper i wondered what it was going to cost em.....the possum cop got em
    Glad they got caught I mean I could understand if you miss counted and had a few extra but 50 over the limit.

Post Thanks / Like

there is a new fishing dock at Bolivar Landing on Pomme ,tried it one day when I got off early from work and did good at it.I'm sure it gets fished hard ,people on it when I go by in the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard Toot from the Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains! I was stationed at Whitman AFB years ago and loved fishin Truman. I still enjoy reading the posts from the Show Me State...good luck Toot
    Support Our Troops!

Post Thanks / Like

The bank north of the swim beach at pb1 on loz is a great place to catch fish early in the year,welcome to the board.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rancher View Post
    glad they got them hope they sock it to them

Post Thanks / Like

Hey rancher,i had been on the water that day.Had to leave to meet alwaysfishin at crabtree cove to get a new outlaw rod.Came back and didn't have enough time left to put the boat in.I think the man caught about 6 different people.From what they said their fines were $145 each.Not worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast