Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Aluminum Boat Cleaner

Post Thanks / Like

Default Aluminum Boat Cleaner

What is the best cleaner for a plain aluminum boat? I know about the acid that turns it white but I would really like something that I wouldnt have to polish. Thanks

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Acids in most cleaners remove a layer of aluminum and add a brightening effect. In reality it pits the metal and makes it easier to get dirty afterwards. Unless it's just real nasty and stained I would just live with it, or polish it with a buffer and polishing compound. Dirty but effective.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

It never bothered me but I bought a new boat and was just wanting to clean my old one to sell it.

Post Thanks / Like

You might try a green scotch brite pad with alittle dawn dish washing liquid. I used it on my Bass Tracker and it cleaned up nice. I dont know how dirty or stained your boat is but it may be cheaper to go that route if your cleaning it up to sell. Just my 2 cents, Good Luck Panfish16
    I still use one rod at a time!!

Post Thanks / Like

Dan,
    I finally found it over there. NU HULL see if this would work for you. Looks to easy too me.
    Brad

Post Thanks / Like

Try "Super Eraser Multopurpose cleaning Sponges" It cleans wheels, bicycles, walls floors and just about anything you want to use it on. I've not used it on aluminum, but used on about every other part of a boat and it works great. I'm not sure who all makes them. I think Scotts and Mr. Clean makes them. I got Dollor General store brand.

Give them a try they don't cost very much.
    THE Nimrod Kid