Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chatt at Cabelas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chatt at Cabelas

I stopped in and talked to Chatt today at Cabela's. I can't say much for the sales, but Chatt was a riot, and a blast to talk to. Was fun to see him helping people, some who had bought HDS units, and had no idea how they worked.

Then the Lowrance Vs. HB started with T. Bunting. No contest, as Chatt shut him down. I tried and failed to get free card from the navionics rep.

Was nice to meet Chatt in person, and talk shop.

Post Thanks / Like

I met him years ago at a bps sale, awfully nice guy

john b.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got to hang out with the fishing gurus Mike, Chatt knows his stuff and I hear he can catch a fish or two. always a good time arround him, and he cooks a good mud bug skillet.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I missed it this year but had been up there the last three years and hanging out with Chatt and Charlie Bunting. Usually Travis is at the store up around St Louis. Always fun to hear their seminars and talk crappie between the seminars. Always a great time when Chatt is around the electronics department. He got me a good deal on a color graph a couple years ago up there. Talked me out of the one I went there to get that was on sale and got me to buy another unit the 510C which he ran on his boat at the time before the HDS units came out. Good enough deal he said the only way to get it cheaper was to stick it in my coat and run out the front door. So I bought it and it was a great choice of units and has did me well with no issues at all. Wish I would have made it back up there for it. But we had just went up last weekend amd I will have to be in KC again for doctor appointment this coming Friday to meet with the back surgeon again. I believe Bass Pro will have there sells going on then so may have to swing in there.

Post Thanks / Like

Just venting. Im sick of hearing people complain about Lowrance and HB. I had a x135 that I bougth last March on sale at BP. It work great till Dec when I had tbl with it. I sent it in to Lowrance to be fix under warranty. They told me the unit was bad and they would replace it with a HDS 5X. Not knowing much about the HDS units I started reading up on it and knew that it didnt have GPS but was a more powerful and detail unit. I went from a 200.00 unit to a 549.00 unit. When it came I was in the hospital recovering from a operation. When I got home Iran a wire from my car batt into the kitchen to power up the unit. Man Im I pleased with It. Then the other day Iread some reports that people had wrote on this unit. one said when he got it he found out it didnt have GPS. One said his didnt have a place for a map card and one guy said that the fish icons and dept readings of them were to small. they all blamed Lowrance. before I buy anything this expensive I always read and ask questions. Lowrance and Im sure HB will tell you anything you want to know what you get with these units. And if your using fish ID with these units then your missing out nad not taking advantage off what you have. Read and ask questions and it might save you some tbl later on.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand completly

Post Thanks / Like

me and deb had a great time out their yesterday talking Crappie with the Buntings and Chatt,got our fevers up

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

I've never had the pleasure of meeting him but he sounds a lot like most of the others I've met on CDC, a pretty good guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Was a wonderfull time at Cabelas meeting & talkin wid all of ya. Was able to help some & confused Doh the others. Bantering back & forth wid Charlie & TravisRoflRofl sure makes for a enjoyable day. My fishin fever is at MAX but have another show this weekend out at Glen Elder. Den I be back fishinHands ClappingHands Clapping<*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62 View Post
    I tried and failed to get free card from the navionics rep.
    Did you ask then if and when they are going to fix Truman Lake?
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast