Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Old Town Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Old Town Lake

I went to Old Town this morning and there seems to be plenty of water in it. The water looked pretty clear. Looks as though water has been going through the spillway some. Launched my boat and my motor ran good for about 3 minutes then died. It would crank up after that and die. I think i have a fuel blockage in me filter. So I stayed close to the public ramp. I did not catch any crappie but, I did catch a 5 to 6 pound bass. That was fun. I was going to post it's picture but, I do not want to be band from crappie.com. :D

I went to Horseshoe first and no way anybody is going to launch at Camp Karefree. I guess people are launching at Pete Steriff's old place. I did not want to run the length of the lake to fish..my reasoning anyway...it's was pretty cold early this morn. I'm glad too, me motor would have quit on me. The wind was blowing about 15 mph out of the NE.

I talked to the owner of Six Rivers Bait shop there in Marianna he said you can launch a boat at Mr. Fowler's old place at Midway. He said he has heard of a few people catching some crappie there. Also, he said some are being caught at Whitehall. The river has been in Whitehall a couple of weeks ago. Whitehall would have been the better choice for me today as far as wind and no motor goes. Rusty

Post Thanks / Like

Fishingpox, Does Fred And His Dog And Ducks Still Run The Landing At Whitehall? That Lab He Had Was A Smart Animal. I Saw Fred Tell Her To Go Get His Paddle One Time When He Was Getting Ready To Go Out In The Lake With His Boat. The Dog Went Right Up To The Trailer And Go The Paddle And Brought It To Him. She Also Drug The Saplings Fred Had Cut To Put Up In The Middle Of Whitehall Down To The Boat For Him To Load With Out Him Telling Her To Do So. I Wish My Wife Would Obey That Well.... Lip Ripper

Post Thanks / Like

Ripper, the last time I was there which was about 3 years ago, yes the dog was there, he took my ramp fee and gave it to his master. I do remember catching about 15 nice crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s been about a month ago since we fished Whitehall.

It was right before the river got into it and we done good. We had several good slabs, I don’t remember if the dog was around though.

I might go there again this weekend.