Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Productive day without a rod

Post Thanks / Like

Default Productive day without a rod

Myself and 3 other boat's met today and drove over 500 stake's,we built 4 new stakebed's and freshened up 2 more hopefully they will be ready in a few week's when the crappie move up on the flat's.With the lake as low as it is it's a great time to find new bed's,log,s etc and an even better time to build new one's.I still have 300 stakes to drive,by the time i'm done i will have honey hole's all over the glaize arm.Anyone else building bed's?This is the first time in a lot of year's i have been on the water and didnt even have a rod with me but i have a feeling i will reap the reward's of this day for year's to come.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bugman
    Myself and 3 other boat's met today and drove over 500 stake's,we built 4 new stakebed's and freshened up 2 more hopefully they will be ready in a few week's when the crappie move up on the flat's.With the lake as low as it is it's a great time to find new bed's,log,s etc and an even better time to build new one's.I still have 300 stakes to drive,by the time i'm done i will have honey hole's all over the glaize arm.Anyone else building bed's?This is the first time in a lot of year's i have been on the water and didnt even have a rod with me but i have a feeling i will reap the reward's of this day for year's to come.
    No Doubt that'll be a badazz place inthe next few years...espically with those mild winters and the Gizzard shad hatches...Looks like fatter Crappie for the Home team.

Post Thanks / Like

are you two retired! you are the most dedicated fisherman i have ever talked to. You all do it right!

Post Thanks / Like

Not retired just slow this time of year,bug's don't get out much in this weather.I was alway's taught if you're gonna do something do it right.

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stakes

Where do you get your stakes or what do you use.

Doesn't it get kinda expenive???

Post Thanks / Like

There is an amish sawmill outside of town and a bag of crappie fillet's is all it takes to get a truckload.They are usually 1 1/2 by 1 1/2 oak but some are out of old lumber he has laying around and i bring them home and rip them down on a table saw.I cut them all the same length and bundle them up 50 per bundle,they are easy to handle when you get to the lake i had 250 in my boat while the other guy's cut their stake's from small tree's could get less than a hundred in theirs.

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

certainly sounds like you learn well!!