Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MO National Guard in Hickory County - Lake Pomme de Terre Area!

Post Thanks / Like

Default MO National Guard in Hickory County - Lake Pomme de Terre Area!

Got a call from Mom about noon today. They live 3 miles East of Preston and a 1/4 mile north off of Hwy 54 on a State Blacktop Rd. Seems the National Guard boys were in the folks driveway this morning with one of their big 4x4 trucks and they told the folks that they were afraid to travel any further down the State Blacktop Rd due to all the snow drifts! Folks say they have over 6 foot plus drifts!

Say some good words to the guy upstairs for me tonight boys! I am headed to the farms at before daylight in the morning to try to feed cattle all day tomorrow for dad! Dad says the tractors won't even go in the stuff! And one of them has over 100 gallons of fluid as weight in each rear tire and is a 100 horse power tractor.

Post Thanks / Like

That's rough when the tractor won't go through. Good luck, and get those future steaks fed.

Post Thanks / Like

I would all ready be down there but I was afraid that I couldn't get into mom & dads with my 4x4 pickup. If them National Guard boys can't get down the blacktop with their 4x4's I sure dont know what I am going to be able to do with a 2 wheel drive tractor or my 4x4 pickup. The MODOT boys can't even get a grader down the blacktop! I figure I can blade with one tractor and make trails with it to use the other tractor to feed with. Thats the only hope I have. Dad can't take the cold he is 77 so I get the tractor without the cab! The one with the cab really isn't that warm either! When your tractor front axles are only 3 foot tall its going to be ruff getting thru 6 foot drifts! Thank god dad put out a bunch of hay before the storm!

Post Thanks / Like

Dan be sure and take your Mon and Dad a present,....(a safe and sound son) be carefull ole son.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    Dan be sure and take your Mon and Dad a present,....(a safe and sound son) be carefull ole son.
    Thanks Michael! Ain't looking forward to the trip! Sure wish I had a barn full of square bales at times like this! I have stuck the tractors in 12" of snow with big bales on them and they have 19".

Did get the father inlaw dug out this morning! That old fart had a new Craftsman snow blower in his building in his back yard! Brand new never had any gas in it and he has had it for several years! Had to air up the tires, put gas in the tank and start it! It had one of those plug in electric starters! Made quick work of his driveway! But it's so big I can't load it into my pickup by myself and bring it over to my driveway! Going to have to dig out Paula's rig so she can drive to work tomorrow herself so I can head to the farm. Been jumping my pickup over the ridge made my the street crews! Kind afraid to jump her Explorier over the ridge by myself might have to pull it out with my pickup. Going to wait until she gets off work at 3 pm today and try to get it out.

Post Thanks / Like

my son lives off of 83 hwy just across the hickory co. line and his 4x4 is sitting up the road from his house cause of snow drifts,it's tough up that way so be careful

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful out there Dan,at least the wind had layed a bit here so hopefully it will quit drifting and they will get the major roads opened a bit.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiedave55 View Post
    my son lives off of 83 hwy just across the hickory co. line and his 4x4 is sitting up the road from his house cause of snow drifts,it's tough up that way so be careful
    Hickory - Polk county line? Or Hickory - Benton county line?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    Be careful out there Dan,at least the wind had layed a bit here so hopefully it will quit drifting and they will get the major roads opened a bit.
    Thanks Bugman! If I can get to Preston up highway 65 I should be alright. I will give her he__ on hwy 54 for the last 3 miles to Hwy F. I know I am going to be screwed one way or the other up there. Thats home for me! And I know before I get there either hwy 65 will be ok or hwy 54. Not both, there is something about the way the roads lay up there and one is always worse than the other. I have set up there at the Cafe in Preston and have seen it more than once rain on one side of hwy 65 and not rain on the other side. Same way about hwy 54. I used to think that Pomme de Terre lake had something to do with it. Folks have 2 farms up there. One is south of Preston off hwy 65, and the other is east of Preston off hwy 54. If you look on a map they lay in a line from southwest to northeast. There is always at least a 1/2 inch difference in rain gauges!

Post Thanks / Like

hickory and polk co.lines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast