Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Can you recommend a good Crappie magazine

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can you recommend a good Crappie magazine

So, I saw that there is a link to some magazines that crappie.com recommends, but when I click on the link it takes me to some magazine sales website where they sell hundreds of different magazines.

I'm not real comfortable with that. I'd prefer to go directly to the magazine, however I'm not having any luck.

1.) Does anyone have a magazine they'd recommend?
    2.) Do you have some contact info for that mag?
    3.) Do you actually learn anything from these mags?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    "I come from a state that raises corn, cotton, cockleburs and Democrats. Frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."- Willard Duncan Vandiver

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie world is ok but pick it up at wal-mart because their subscripion service sucks.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Crappie World is ok but you never know when you will get one. They also try to get you to renew your subscription before you ever receive the first copy. I like Crappie Anglers Magazine a lot better.
    Crappie Angler

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Speck. I fired them off an email, with some questions I have.
    "I come from a state that raises corn, cotton, cockleburs and Democrats. Frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."- Willard Duncan Vandiver

Post Thanks / Like

I have been getting Crappie world for the last three years. Have not had a problem with the subscription so far. Good reading, but bet there are other that are good also.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I will second Speck and Bugman. The Crappie Angler is great and will have no issue with getting it. The Crappie World is also a great magazine but lots of trouble with getting them and then always sending you offers to renew when you may have only recieved one or two issues in a year. I get it at Walmart to save the hassle.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried crappie world and read 100 to 1 bad revues on here, seems like most say bad service.

now on crappie angler, top drawer all the way, no problems none

Post Thanks / Like

I subscribed to Crappie World last fall and did not get the fall issue. Then I see the Winter issue on the shelf and I did not get it either. I called customer support while back and she said I should have it no later than Jan 20. I waited a week past the deadline and then called and asked for a refund. She said no problem we will send you a check. About a week later I get my refund check and the same day the winter issue. I also take Crappie Angler and no problems. I like Crappie World but agree its easier to buy of the rack.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered Crappie Angler today. Thanks for the feedback guys! Plus, it appears it's a Missouri magazine. I like to support the home state.