Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Todays Stockton Report AND HANG ON FOLKS IT'S A GOOD UN

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Todays Stockton Report AND HANG ON FOLKS IT'S A GOOD UN

first let me tell you this, I rounded the curve 1/4 mile from house and it was nothing but white smoke and I mean smoke, seemes like the neighbour decided to do a little burning and wow south west wind and it was comming right at us, but they got it stopped, and the tanker truck is sitting in my drive just in case, now on to the more mundane things in my day, Fish were biting early, and not verry often, I caught maby 20 crappie 4 bass and only had 5 keeper crappie, they was goodins though, there were several boats in the area and only one was catching with any regularity, pros I think. looked like pros to me, cause they was catchin and I was not.

met couple new folks today from Lawrence Ks. nice guys, hope to see them again soon.

seen a couple of the regulars, Gator and Buzzy, they was in a hurry and couldn't talk, headed to bender and jtl to the deep water bite, sure hope they got into a mess of fish, it was darn hard in the shallows today, brush or open water did not matter it was tough.

no pictures I gave my fish to two guys I forget there names, and my left over crappie from last night, they had big smiles when I unloaded the live well, man what a day.

now back to the fire, WOW it is a big one about 600 acres so far and still going look up and towards barry county you will see the smoke. sweet, make for good running in a week or two. good night all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    looked like pros to me, cause they was catchin and I was not.
    Heck, if that's how you tell they're pros then 90% of all the people I fish around must be pros! (hee hee)

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job Beagle.

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to add this to my previous post, but couldn't figure out how to edit it ..

Glad to hear you got out and found some Beagle.

Post Thanks / Like

good job beagle and watch the fire.

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle, you ever been to Grand lake of the Cherokees in OK? Was thinking about heading down there some time this year, but wanted to see if the Crappie Master had been down there?

Post Thanks / Like

thank you for the kind word all, it was a good day, fire is still burning and getting bigger but it is going away from me, so all is well.

duncan, yes on grand lake, man big ole lake, Bernice Ok.? crappie captial of OK. they say, twin bridges on the neosho/spring river up river is good in the spring, if the water is not rising, and it can rise fast and it is dangerous, Grove OK. good crappie area, just google grand lake and check it out, Now having said the latter, let me tell you your money would be better spent on some of the smaller lakes south of the grand lake, like oologah or broken bow. there are lots of small good crappie lakes

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Beagle. If I go, it'll be for a week, so I'd have to option to trailer to some of the others.

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of dry to be burning! Hope the neighbor don't get a big bill from the fire department!

Glad you caught some fish!

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day for fishing but not for burning. Hope they get her under control!!!!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast