Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bored..........Got a Question For Spring

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bored..........Got a Question For Spring

Well....... since the ice is on and hunting is over, I can't help but think about the time I have planned at Truman coming up in a few months.

Dad and I are taking my brother on his first outing to Truman 4/29 - 5/1, staying off of UU and then there's 6 of us coming back the following week (5/4 - 5/8) staying at Bucksaw and I simply can't wait.

Here's the catch.....I'm going to be working in Sedalia 5/2 - 5/4 and staying at the Comfort Inn (my favorite haunt) with nothing to do after 5:30 ish..... assuming the crappie will be on the banks at that time, does anyone have a suggestion on the closest place to drive to and walk in to do some bank fishing? Or even better question, is anyone in the Sedalia area interested in going with!

I know, I know..... 3 months away still, but again, I'm bored and want to fish.

U

Post Thanks / Like

You should be able to catch some below Truman Dam, T highway might be good too, it's about 5 miles north of Warsaw, go down the highway about 6 miles and you will hit Truman Lake on the first big bridge you come to, a lot of crappie are caught from the bank around there.

Post Thanks / Like

Take C-Hyw north out of Lincoln to the tebo creek bridges and fish there.They have acouple places to park and walk in and fish the banks. Have caught alot of fish there years back early spawn.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

When is camp for MO CDC? I think the first weekend you are here should be the same as our camp at Bucksaw. I would say come over there each night and you will find some great advise on where to go and meet some great people also.

Post Thanks / Like

J-15 is correct,, if like years in the past spot a-44 should be the host site,, come on over , should be fun time
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

If you are on foot someone will be looking for a fishing partner or guest.

I'm glad crappie camp came up in this post, I was needing something to pick me up.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I posted about camp and having you join us but did not add any spots for you to try. The T hwy bridge that got mentioned is a good area. The bridge at Windsor crossing on PP hwy is another good bank spot. Off of T why is TT hwy that dead ends at Clear creek which also can be very very good and is easy walking down the banks there also. C hwy has Barker creek that is another of the local favorites. If you come by camp we would be glad to draw a map to some of these places for you and I am sure someone would have an open boat seat for you on a day or two of your stay also.

Post Thanks / Like

From Sedalia, there is Clover Dell lake in Sedalia, Spring Fork lake 8 miles south of Sedalia, and if you want someone to hang out with and fish, I'm only 25 miles north and State School lake here in Marshall should be really good for crappie gotta weed through some small ones to get some bigger ones but it's allot of fun.
    If you get a chance to pop in to Bucksaw while your here during camp that would be great too.
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

Good bank fishing at U Hwy bridge just upriver from Bucksaw too. Go across the bridge and park on the side of the hwy. Easy walk down to the bank.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, thanks for the advise............ I guess I was about as clear as mud in my first post. The weekend of camp we will be on the lake fully geared up in our 19' Lund w/ 150 yammer, matter of fact, we will more than likely spend a bunch of time up above Bucksaw as I'm starting to get to know that area pretty well..... same goes for the following Thurs-Sunday..... so you guys will certainly be seeing enough of me.

I guess my question was directed at the Monday/Tuesday timeframe when I am without a rig and looking for something to do after work for a few hours...and it sounds as though you've answered those questions.

I certainly plan on stopping in at Camp with my dad and possibly brother in tow.

U