Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: river

Post Thanks / Like

Default river

toothy critter bite baaaddd agian for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Fatkid, is there gonna be a toothy critter bite this year? I have not seen a good report from any of the rivers...

Post Thanks / Like

my partner thinks it's early yet. I hope he's right.

Post Thanks / Like

What I don't understand is that I caught plenty of them in the late fall just before the end of winter...... Then pooof it was like they disappeared. Although, we caught them when conditions were stable, then the river came way up for the first time in a long time and aint caught a fish since.....

The toothy fishing is NEW to me. For all of you that have fished for them a lot over the years, can you gettem when the water is muddy?????

Post Thanks / Like

Muddy water shouldn't bother them. In high water conditions the current eddy coming off the end of the long barge wall will actually push farther downstream. The fish will position differently due to the higher water levels.
    Is everyone fishing the inside of the (long) barge wall?

Post Thanks / Like

yes it's early yet
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemax View Post
    Muddy water shouldn't bother them. In high water conditions the current eddy coming off the end of the long barge wall will actually push farther downstream. The fish will position differently due to the higher water levels.
    Is everyone fishing the inside of the (long) barge wall?
    Thats where I gottem early. I don't even try out in the strong current, just to hard to geta jig down......

Post Thanks / Like

Well, All I know is, i cant wait till there in there..... With the lakes all frozen around me, it wont be long and I will be in the crazy house...:rolleyes:

I thought about running out and trying some of the creek mouths above the dam. Ill never forget, a few years ago before i even knew what sauger were, there were 2 older fellas in a smaller alum boat anchored out in the mouth of white oak creek. We didnt see them catch anything but when we were pulling out my partner and I were also leaving. Asked them if they had any luck and one of them opened there livewell. That was the first time I had seen a sauger in my life and they had a bunch of really good ones.... 20 fish anyways and had thrown back several. Said they never moved the boat all day. They were fishing kinda like i fish for catfish in current. They were just casting out the back of the boat and sticking there rods in holders tightline with minnows above a bell sinker on the bottom..... I havent tried it yet but thought about it. The other thing is that i can remember is it was late fall because White oak marina was still open and they close for the winter.

Figure the creeks just above the dam wouldnt be good to fish considering they move upstream to the dams???? Just above the dams may not have any in them... Im still learning about them but aint gonna learn sittin on the couch scratching my ba..... I mean head.....

Post Thanks / Like

you are like james you think out loud alot
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yates View Post
    you are like james you think out loud alot
    Where has he been lately??? Havent heard much out of him on here... He may be stuck in the snow somewhere in his jeep????:p

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast