Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Twain Lake Property

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain Lake Property

After talking to U my brother and I are seriously looking at buying property by Twain. Does anyone on here have any property they are willing to sell or know of anyone with some?
    HOOKED-FISHING.COM CDC PROUD SPONSOR
    B'n'M Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Crappie Baits Pro Staff
    Outdoor Writer

Post Thanks / Like

Dont forget the guest house for me now. You will need the grass cut.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just take the big leap and move on down here to Truman lake. Lots of property for sale. Not right on the lake but lot of stuff real close that joins COE ground for hunting also. Bring the business and kids and move on down. Is Twain a lake that has houses with actuall lake property? Never been there yet sondid not know if it was like LOZ and could build by the lake and have docks and such.

Post Thanks / Like

We are just lookin at logistically the shortest trip to a great fishing lake...They dont allow docks and such on the lake I dont beleive..With Illinois the way it is, I aint spendin another nickel in this state..See if they like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Like I said come on down to Truman. Don't forget your invite to spring camp if you or your brother can make it work we would be glad to have you all. No need to drag a boat either. We always have several setting in the campground from people going out with others or with the locals. You both are more than welcome in mine for the weekend if you can make it.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck on your search fellas,we'll be glad to welcome the Humphrey clan to the show me state.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Plenty of homes around Twain, for sale. All depends on what your looking for. It's a COE lake, has the zone around it. No Homes on the water, No Docks in the water.

Post Thanks / Like

There are lots for sale on 107 before you drive over the bridge that goes over the North Fork that would offer a nice view. I'm not sure who is handling the sales of those.

You might want to talk to a realtor also, not necessarily to use them for a purchase, but to get an idea of what's out there. I see Dick Lawler's signs up every once in a while.... dicklawler.com - Lawler Real Estate - Serving the Mark Twain Lake Area

There were a couple lots off of the gravel ramp on Route U also that would get you pretty close to the water......not sure if they are still for sale or not.

MTCD is correct, COE lake with a certain amount of shoreline protected (500 yards maybe)....heck, you can't even drive a 4-wheeler on it. Personally, I hope that aspect never changes.

Jared,

I absolutely love driving on UU down at Truman......those houses and their views are AWESOME! But as much as we fish, I'd rather only have to drive an hour every weekend instead of 4. Always food for thought!

U

Post Thanks / Like

There are several homes around the Paris area for sale. It is only minutes from the MTL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies guys. We are going to get a realtor. Yes Twain is no different than shelbyville with its rules, I wish the corp would sell some of their properties. Even a 50ft encroachment would be ok and I don't need a dock just the view.
    HOOKED-FISHING.COM CDC PROUD SPONSOR
    B'n'M Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Crappie Baits Pro Staff
    Outdoor Writer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast