Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BEST Not Recognized Crappie Lakes -West Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Default BEST Not Recognized Crappie Lakes -West Texas

I work often with Wildlife Tech's on a regular basis and wanted to identify some of the best crappie lakes for the future that are not talked about very often to help this Spring and in the future. After being very low for numerous seasons, Lake J.B. Thomas/Snyder and Miller Creek Lake/Munday are sleeper lakes. Net surveys showed very high numbers of 8-10 inch crappie this last fall in both lakes, which many have almost abandoned fishing due to the thoughts of poor spawns. If you want to fish where the fish counts are high think about these lakes. Email if you like for more info.

Regards,
    Mud-Dabber

Central Tx. West of Brownwood in the sticks
    Post Thanks / Like

you got mail.
    have a good`un heycods

westtx Guest

mud-dabber,westtx here(propbender somewhere else) the two lakes you mentioned are my favorites I rarely fish anywhere else but miller or thomas and like any other lake you just have to know where to go and what to use if you want to catch them. both lakes are nice and quiet with very few recreational boaters or jet skis(both have little or no camping accomodations) just good ole fishin lakes. both lakes have caught alot of water last summer where most of the other lakes are very low .Most people have never heard of them or thought they would be a waste of time,I honestly would like to keep it that way. The less people here about a lakes the less recreational yahoos will be out there.I hope they continue to be good ole fishin lakes.maybe i'll see you at one of them i'll be the one cleaning all the blues or killin all the brews.
    Last edited by westtx; 02-20-2006 at 06:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

heycods, where do you live in Centex?

Post Thanks / Like

25Mi. SW of Brownwood, 24Mi. as the crow flies East of O H Ivie. 20mi S of Coleman.

Wheres nolanville?
    Last edited by heycods; 02-21-2006 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Add quiz
    have a good`un heycods

Post Thanks / Like

Heycods...Texfisher lives close to me, near Belton Lake. Actually he's smack dab in the middle between Belton and Stillhouse. Nolanville is between Killeen and Belton on 190. The thing is, he could live in the middle of the lake and still not be able to catch a crappie!:D :D He needs to let me borrow his boat so I can get some fish stank on it. Then maybe his luck would change. Just kiddin, I haven't caught a decent crappie in a month, but I haven't fish for the last two weeks either!!!!!
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I aint fished any lakes lately, I`ve been fighting kidney stones till the world aint level. I have passed 7 in the last 3 days, maby im getting rid of them where a boat ride wont hurt so much.
    have a good`un heycods

Post Thanks / Like

Smedley, I do I am still the drum king so watch out or I will put the drum hex on you. LOL, Yeah, this weather's getting to me, I need to get the boat on the lake and maybe you can throw some fish from your boat onto mine. Kind of a christening type thing. I'm having some slight tranny probs on the cherokee, but it's still driveable. Maybe this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey yall, run down to fiesta foods an det some carp run it through the blender and christen that new boat, then "let the fishing begin"
    have a good`un heycods

Post Thanks / Like

can't get the right kind of stank from carp!
    Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast