Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Electric Anchor Winch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Electric Anchor Winch

My "AnchorBoy" partner is getting lazy in his old age so I'm thinking of replacing him with an electric anchor winch on my bow. Would like to hear opinions on if they're worth it or not. The fancy ones cost upwards of $375. Don't mind spending that kind of money if they're worth it but a couple of the product reviews I'm reading aren't good. Pins and gears breaking, anchors coming loose while underway and damaging the hull, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an electric on my bow and it is not the minn kota , I put a piece of neopreme on the bow to protect it . It does drain a battery pretty quick .If I was spending that much money on one I would consider the minn kota ( for the way the anchor comes to home position . I have not had any problems other thatn battery drain . gears hold up well.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey enoneye, your "anchor boy" has one he'll give you...
    It's not a keeper if you have to ask...:p

Post Thanks / Like

I have a minn kota that I have no use for works good might need a new rope becouse its been sittn awile make a cheep offer I think it has a 5lb anchor not sure can send you picks

Post Thanks / Like

"your "anchor boy" has one he'll give you"...
    Don't think I'm gonna go with the lectric version. Haven't seen many testimonials for them but have seen many against them, breaking, cheaply made, anchor crashing into the bow, battery drain, etc. Think I will look at the manual ones though. IS It SPRING YET?