Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing trip

My son get's out for spring break 4/8/06---4/16/06 We've never fished
    in Arkansas but would like to. Can anybody help us with a lake, lodging, and
    maybe even a guide info ?

Thanks,

Z21
    How's it going : One foot in the grave, one foot on a banana peel, twenty people pushing !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Here in Northwest Arkansas there is Beaver Lake. It is a good fishing lake with Crappie, Black Bass, Kentucky Bass, Smallmouth Bass, White and Stripped Bass, about any fish you want to go after. Check out this web site and I hope it helps you out. Good Luck to you!!

www.jtcrappieguidear.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah check these guys out. They have it all from great fishing to great guides and a cool new camper in one of the most beautiful areas in Arkansas. Dont see how you could ask for much more.

http://www.actionfishingtrips.com/

http://www.familyfishingtrips.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Guys,
    Thanks for the info---- I called my son--I think he wants to transfer
    to a college in Arkansas !! We look forward to fishing on one of the lakes !!

Z21
    How's it going : One foot in the grave, one foot on a banana peel, twenty people pushing !!!

Post Thanks / Like

you may want to take a look at this thread, and the other threads by carppoop in the arkansas forum.

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=13932

Post Thanks / Like

I fish Beaver Lake in NW Arkansas, north of Fayeteville and west of Eureka Springs. There are numerous places to stay around the lake and some hotels in nearby Rogers. I offer guide services for crappie on Beaver Lake as well. Fishing is outstanding March through June. Our limit here is 15 per person and usualy that consists of 12" fish or better! Also April is prime spawning time with several fish 15" or larger caught!
    Give it some thought, but this part of the state is beutiful in the spring!
    heres a couple lodging ideas!
    www.rockybranchresorts.com
    www.copperminelodge.com
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Ranger,
    I would suggest a trip down to see Jerry Blake and his partner. These guys are very knowledgeable and have an outstanding attitude when it comes to helping fellow Crappie fisherman.
    Action Fishing Trips or Family Fishing Trips will both show you a great time and they have a reputation that is second to none in Arkansas.
    I have never fished with either, but I would love the opportunity to! AND, they are always posting "recent catches" and they are all very impresive.
    Good luck to you and your son on your trip!
    Midsouth Tackle Pro Staff
    "Home of the Super Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Z21
    My son get's out for spring break 4/8/06---4/16/06 We've never fished
    in Arkansas but would like to. Can anybody help us with a lake, lodging, and
    maybe even a guide info ?

Thanks,

Z21
    Hey Z21:

Hot Springs - www.hotsprings.org - is a great vacation destination with a variety of lakes and rivers to fish, plenty of other attractions and tons of lodging available.

If you're coming to this area I'll be glad to help you out in any way I can whether you feel you need a guide or not. If you do decide to take a guided trip with us you are welcome to bring your GPS and mark the spots we fish so you will have places to catch crappie on your own the rest of the week.

Crappie Camp will still be on through the 9th (and maybe longer) so that would be a great time to meet a bunch of crappie addicts in person! Check this thread on the main board if you haven't already - http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=13761

If you have any questions or if there is anything I can do to help plan your trip please don't hesitate to ask.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com