Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~Crappie Tackle and Gear~

Post Thanks / Like

Default ~Crappie Tackle and Gear~

I was wondering if any of you guys and gals have this problem...During this time of the year...I seem to go apeS*&t on rods, jigs etc...I keep thinking about the Spawn and the monster Crappie Im gonna catch...then I go crazy at BassPro...hell even Walmart. I think Im gonna start up a CA members club...yep u guessed it "Crappaholic's Anonymous"...we'll have our meetings down at the LOZ and start it off with a Beer!...oh well if none of you have this problem...I apologize in advance...except for BugMan...that boy got Crappie Blood in him...

Post Thanks / Like

$186 and change, don't know why but the last three times I was at BPS thats what I spent. I here were getting a Cabela's late 2006, i'm droolin just thinking about it...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Hello my name is...........

russell and Im a crappaholic. I have been this way oh since about the end of duck season. After I spend all my reserves on that I go and spend what I don't have yet on crappie stuff.:D I think this really is a disease. Imagine telling the bossman that you've got to go to crappaholics anonymous meeting......hehehe.

Izzy.......cabelas really......where, when? My mouth just started droolin
    Last edited by crappierascal; 02-16-2006 at 10:35 PM.
    "She's A Bute Clark"

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie fishing can become a obsession like it has become with me but i would'nt change a thing it is the only thing i know where you can spend all day on the water and go toe to toe with a species of fish [that we all know can be super finicky]that when they are not biting you want to go back the next day and try to figure out what you done wrong or if your lucky and they are tearing it up you cant sleep the night before a trip cause you know what you're in for the next day and as a bonus those white fillet's are as good of eating fish as there is on the planet.Cajun save me a charter membership cause i got it bad,how did ya do at wally world?i'm headed there today after work i need another new reel i broke a bail spring in my okuma.I will get my fix today since i cant fish i can shop for the next time i can.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I will say I am addicted to bait shops/tackle shops like, women are to walmarts. You just never know when you might find a hot new bait that no one else carries. So far I have stubbled on 1 hot bait so far. Still looking for more.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Ted I'm the the same boat you are. Bass Pro just put the Quantum pti reels on clearance. I bought 3 and ordered 3 more 7-9' roods. Plan on buying some curly tail grubs in bulk from barlows tackle. Unfortunatley I can't buy lead heads because they don't sent it out here to Calfornia (have I said that I'm ready to leave this place). Plus I'm trying to find someone that makes horsehead jigs so I can by a bunch. I'm starting to run out. That means I have about 100 left LOL. When's the next meeting?
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

ST. LOUIS MILLS on 370 rascal, Cabela's web site says opening as early as the fall. It's only 10 mins. from Bass Pro. crappiencali, i'm sold on those pti reels too. Bought one last year and now i've got 4 kenetics and a catalyst, they're smoothest spinning reels i've ever used. Addicted to tackle, you bet I am...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bugman
    Crappie fishing can become a obsession like it has become with me but i would'nt change a thing it is the only thing i know where you can spend all day on the water and go toe to toe with a species of fish [that we all know can be super finicky]that when they are not biting you want to go back the next day and try to figure out what you done wrong or if your lucky and they are tearing it up you cant sleep the night before a trip cause you know what you're in for the next day and as a bonus those white fillet's are as good of eating fish as there is on the planet.Cajun save me a charter membership cause i got it bad,how did ya do at wally world?i'm headed there today after work i need another new reel i broke a bail spring in my okuma.I will get my fix today since i cant fish i can shop for the next time i can.
    Buggy,
    I saw alot of stuff on the clearence rack there at St Roberts, found a 2 pk of Blakemore Roadrunners red/white for 50cents. I also bought one of those slabseeker rod and reel combos...I took it home hacked off the trigger on the handle, turned it over and mounted my UL Quatum spinner..woohoo those lil light-azz bitin crappie better watch out...Man I must have missed 30 fish with that stiff rod the other day...Im sold on that slabseeker rod tip.

Lake Ozark Fan Guest

Default Going Crzay this time of year

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_Sac-a-lait_Killa
    I was wondering if any of you guys and gals have this problem...During this time of the year...I seem to go apeS*&t on rods, jigs etc...I keep thinking about the Spawn and the monster Crappie Im gonna catch...then I go crazy at BassPro...hell even Walmart.

Shoot you are right, I'm even scouring eBay for anything that I can get my hands on that is a decent deal. Do I need anything? NO! Will I buy it anyway? YES!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm lookin forward to seeing your modified slabseeker,i guarantee it will help with those light biter's.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast