Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stockton Thursday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton Thursday

JLT and I hit Stockton on Thursday. We started out fishing brushpiles and schools of crappie. Could not get a bite out of the schools and there were a lot of fish. Found a few scattered fish in 44 foot of water and you had to drop it to the bottom and slow reel up to get them to bite. Moved to 21 foot of water and found the same thing. It was slow but we were catching some. We decided to go and check a few other places to see if we could find a better bite. Ran into Always Fishing and he was Walleye fishing in 55-60 foot of water and catching them right off the bottom and as he put it catching bonus fish (crappie). I graphed the area and he was right the only fish I could find were in 57 foot of water and they were holding about 55 feet. Watched Always Fishing catch a Walleye and his partner catch 2 crappie. We tried it and JLT caught a Walleye. It seemed like it would take 10 minutes to reel one up from that depth. Too deep for me so we left and tried a few more places before we returned to the fish we found at first. Guess we should of just stayed put and been happy! O'well it was fun and we got JLT 16 for dinner tonight so he was happy.

Best jig color was rootbeer/chart and black/chart. Best depth was 36 feet fishing scattered fish slow rolling up from the bottom.

Great seeing Always Fishing, The JJ's, Gator and Buzzy.

Post Thanks / Like

no ring ring yet

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Day. Congrats.

Post Thanks / Like

nice report Bender, nice to catch fish, visit with friends, and just enjoy the day, congrats and hope to see you friday, weather and leggs permitting. later man,

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you Bender and JLT although I had to listen to Buzzy complain the rest of the day that you two should be working:D Congrats on the catch and that is a really sharp boat you have now.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you again.......We couldn't get the walleye to cooperate well......
    Buzzy even told me you (Polebender and JLT) should have been working!

Merry Christmas to all...............
    Let's go Fishin'

Post Thanks / Like

way to go gator and jr. sure hope them loz boys reads your report bender. guess they didn't believe me about crappie at 60 ft. does anyone know if there is a thermocline on stockton during the winter. lake fork and grand has no thermocline in the winter.