Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smithville today

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Smithville today

well went out to try smithville today. i thought since they shut the water off it would be a catch fest not exactly.started in shady hollow cove since the wind was out of the east. we only managed 6-7 keepers and was real slow after the first hour.moved to main lake and fought the wind and wow fished 5-6 spots till i found two with good fish on them.They wanted either back and pink or orange and chartreuse with a 1/4 oz pink head . the key was hold as close to brush as possible (with a crappie nibble) and BAM and most you could not see the jig they would almost swallow it.......well i hope it doesn't get really bad and everyone has a great Christmas...............CHARLIE
    CHARLIE :D]

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is worthless without pics!!!!!!!!!!

only seen about two other boats and it was kind of tough for us but glad you found them.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't figured out how to post pics yet.......but i will........charlie

Post Thanks / Like

fished pay docks.caught a few keepers,caught a few dinks.i could only catch them on the bottom by or in the brush.you knew when you had one,they were slammin it when they bit.like keeferfish said ,i saw only 2 boats out there from noon till 3.

Post Thanks / Like

nice you got out for a bit, and you caught a few keepers, it will get better and better. we hope

Post Thanks / Like

Thank for the report Charlie, Merry Christmas
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you found some and thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a more detailed report for (keeferfish). fish only on the breaks with brush not all brush piles have fish but if they are on a channel or have deep water close those they have been more consistent. i have been fishing channel tops from 19-25 ft of water with brush right on the break. they will be more consistent than piles just on a flat in the same depth. especially after they have been running water. the fish feel more secure they can make a lateral move up and down without having to go too far........hope this helps........charlie

Post Thanks / Like

Good report, Charlie, and glad you found 'em. You have a Merry Christmas and maybe we'll see you at the Northland Burger and Beer on Jan 19th?

Post Thanks / Like

Good report . A friend at work has been limiting out in 20' over brushpiles . He said he had to break ice with the boat for quite a ways last saturday from the ramp .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast