Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kerosene Heaters

Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Kerosene Heaters

Looking for info on a good brand name kerosene heater for use in an un-insulated 2 car garage. Approx size 27 x 33 (900-1000) sq ft. Tried a 23,000 BTU and it didn't do much. Would like to stay away from forced air heaters due to the noise. Read a review on a Pro Temp Heater which is forced air, but from some of the remarks it sounded as though it wasn't as loud. Anyone heard of this brand? Cold here today! 16 / wind chill of 6 and were just getting started!
    You can't finish what you don't start

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've gone through a few in the last few decades. Corona 23, is the one I like best. It heats my 3 story colonial just fine.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Monitor makes a pretty good heater. We have one in our dining room as a back-up for our wood stove. It would heat our whole house if we wanted it to. It draws combustion air from outside and exhausts thru the same connection. Worth looking into....

Post Thanks / Like

Well I just changed to a Propane heater this year in my 2 car garage. Due to not being able to find Kerosene around here. And when the stations do have it, it's about $5 a gal. or you can go Ace Hardware and get it for $9 a gal.
    Propane is about $1.50 a pound here and 20 pounds last me about a week / week and a half, depends on how long I'm out there each afternoon, or weekends. Easier than Kerosene too, the heater attaches to the bottle, so no Kerosene tank or pump :D
    Just my 2 cents :p
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2 stall attached uninsulated garage. I use a small 2 burner gas heater, ventless. No idea the BTU's, not much. However in 10 degree days the garage gets warm enough to melt the snow off the cars and dry the floor. Not too mention I can work on my vehicles in a long sleeved t-shirt and not freexe my fingers on ice cold metal tools. When I have to work on the concrete floor I lay down on old used carpet or cardboard. Although I wish I had a can forced gas garage heater that hangs from teh ceiling. My garage doesnt get warm enough to paint or stain in during the winter.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!