Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead water below truman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dead water below truman

I know its still a little warm but has the bite started on the dead water side yet? i just got my new bee-ready rod holders and wanted to practice down there a little bit before i hit the main lake. Still need to pick up a pole or two but i am almost ready to give it a go.

Post Thanks / Like

Thought about giving the dam a try this weekend, if I do I will post a report.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Never fished it in the fall but it can be unreal in the spring. I know Jamie its because it is LOZ:D. Would be a great place to start out spider rigging. Nice and open and good place to learn how to follow the breaklines. If you need some rods I have four B'n'M 12 ft Pro Staff trolling rods I would make a deal on with out the reels.

Post Thanks / Like

We used to fish it in the fall from the bank all the time, they would be shallow almost like the spawn. The fun thing about fishing down there is that you never know what you might catch.

Post Thanks / Like

What you might catch or see. Remember seeing a guy make a dive in the water after a pole last year in March. I will leave their name out but craziest damn thing I saw in a long time. They left went to wal-mart bought cheap clothes and came back and finished their limits. Seen some big gar get caught down there. Lots of white bass at times.

Post Thanks / Like

heard from some catfish guys that the crappie bite was picking up below the dam. dont know any details other than that.

Post Thanks / Like

This is what I have been told. They have a big barge in the dead channel and have been working on some erosion issues on the banks, they have not been running water. Truman 2 ft high. No running water = no fish. I will try to check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Well that sucks, might just go to the Grand instead.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Jigging15;1332434
    I know Jamie its because it is LOZ:D.[/QUOTE]
    kinda thinkin the same thing myself
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

That slack water can be unreal sometimes in the early spring. Size was not there last year. But 3 springs ago you could limit out in a half hour with 10 1/2 to 12" fish and have some 13" and 14" fish also. That year there would be well over a hundred boats in that area of the slack water and everyone you seen would be catching fish. Some guys fishing close to the bank or on the docks, others like us fishing the first good drop off or breakline and then others right out in the middle. Never seen so many boats in one area and every where you looked people would be swinging fish in the boat. Lots of fun for sure. Hope the size is better this year because I will be rigging it again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast