Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How is the bite on Pomme

Post Thanks / Like

Default How is the bite on Pomme

Have not heard much on Pomme this week.Shockley was pounding them the last I heard

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard anything for a couple weeks. Last I did hear was they was catching them pretty good still.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't been in a while, ready to get back at it. If you go let me know how you do.

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

Went out Saturday afternoon, caught 2 limits mostly off of one brushpile in about 15 feet of water, bigger fish were toward bottom, smaller fish nearer top. Some very nice fish. Even caught 2 white bass, didn't know there were any left in Pomme. Bite was best between 1 and 3 p.m. then dropped off. Jigs, blue/chart, red/chart, yellow/chart, didn't really seem to matter.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info,kinda miss pomme but Avery bottoms has been pretty good to us,last sat.was not real good but a great day to be out.think I was using to limber a pole fishing 20 ft plus ,lost to many fish at the top.have not had that problem with my 11 ft. B&M,or maybe it was just one of them days.we ended up with 16 decent fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiedave55 View Post
    Thanks for the info,kinda miss pomme but Avery bottoms has been pretty good to us,last sat.was not real good but a great day to be out.think I was using to limber a pole fishing 20 ft plus ,lost to many fish at the top.have not had that problem with my 11 ft. B&M,or maybe it was just one of them days.we ended up with 16 decent fish.
    What type of hooks were you using?i used to have that problem some until i went to sickle hooks several years back,that pretty well ended that.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

just the standerd #570 number 2 jig hooks,pour my own,the only thing I changed was the rod.it was a bass pro rod 4 piece 7 1/2 ft micro-lite.it's real flimsy and lots of fun to fish with but has no backbone to set a hook in 23 ft of water .fished the same water the week before with a 11 ft B&M and had no problems.between the line stretch and the bend of the pole just felt like I was'nt setting the hook good.I may switch the line over to 2/10 power-pro and drop the 4# mono and see if it helps .I have 12 rods and they all are special at certain times and the bass pro rod is great in shallow water or fan casting,this was the 1st time bounceing the bottom with it,