Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Can it be done?????

Post Thanks / Like

Question Can it be done?????

I was wanting to possibly make my own soft plastic jig bodies in the crappie thunder style with the solid body and flared skirt. Im not sure how to go about it and if a do it yourself-er could make this. I was wanting to add my own touch to it but that crappie thunder style is the main frame for it. could that be hand poured or would it have to be injected? I have never messed with pouring my own plastics... But willing to try it ANY SUGGESTIONS AND HOW TO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

P.S. accidently posted this thread in the lure making forum first :o:o:o

Post Thanks / Like

This would be a hard one to hand pour to be honest. Some people dip their own tubes but they are hollow. Snake has something a lilttle similar to this style I think. It is a shad body with a skirt type tail. It is not flared much but it might work for you. It is a good looking bait. Not sure it is even close to what you are wanting but he can post a picture and maybe you can tell if it will work. If you talk to jabobsbaits he might can build you a similar mold. Not sure if that bait is petented or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes by all means it can be done. Dont know what size you are looking for but here is one I did up. If you make the skirts yourself you will need to inject. Not real hard to do and the tails attach with a soldering iron in seconds. Frank

Post Thanks / Like

very nice frank, I sometimes attach other tails also by just dipping in hot plastic and then bonding them. your way works good to. I should get those frogs tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

yes that looks pretty close to the style I am looking for now where can i get the materials to make baits similar to those? And how do you make the tails that you solder to the bodies? (SORRY IM JUST STARTING AND HAVENT GOT A CLUE WHERE TO START)

Post Thanks / Like

check basstackle.com and look for skirt molds first you need to click on the tab that says cnc machined aluminum molds

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a pic of the ones that I make.

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/attac...d-dscf4268.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

jigtwins I had forgot about that awesome mold you had.

Post Thanks / Like

well thanks for showing me your jigs,and the web site. I'm going to attempt to make my own molds for right now.Im just going to piddle around with it and see what i come up with. Shoot I got all winter to refine it. If I come up with something Ill post the results. And thanks again!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

your welcome