Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Had a bit of cabin fever yesterday, so decided to take a ride out by Beaver Lake. Went to Prairie Creek and there was a lot going on. I thought what's this, this cold and this many people. Turns out it was the Polar Bear PLunge. Man I got out of there, being around that many crazy people scares me! :D In reality it is for a good cause and my hat is off to them. If it is warm that is!! :D I went on out to the 12 bridge ramp and sit there a bit. Here came a boat under the bridge trolling. I don't think they were fishing for Stripers, but not sure. Right in front of me they caught a fish. It wasn't a Crappie, but maybe a Kentucky or small Striper. A decent sized fish anyway. They went a little farther and had another one on. By this time they were getting a little far from me and I couldn't see what it was. The temp was in the high 20's. I guess that if a person can take the cold, they can catch fish about anytime. I'll just be a sissy and stay by the fire until it at least gets into the 30's :D Good fishing to ya'll!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

LOL those guys have to be crazy LOL. It is 50 here today and they are saying that Friday it will be -5 for a high and then the next Sunday it is to be in the 40's? Crazy wether for sure. Ron

Post Thanks / Like

They'v been cutting holes in the ice to take their plunge where I live, thats why I'm on my way shortly to ARK. I'm tired of "walking" and "driving" on the water at this time of the year!

Post Thanks / Like

I did not make it up the river sparkeltail. I ended up putting out 10 new condos in the horseshoe bend area instead. I'll be out Wednesday putting more out. I can't count on the water coming up before the spawn!
    I've been in Claremore at a sports show for the past few days, so I missed your post.
    You might try the bluff line across from Horseshoe Bend park for crappie. Use minnows fished down 10' all the way to 35' if needed. That should work for you. Some days there shallow others there deep!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks JT for the bluff info! I hope it went well for you at the show. I will try those bluffs the next time I am out. Although I am not sure when that will be. Good fish'in to ya!!

Post Thanks / Like

The Wind was bad today! I did get 12 new condos out today though. I used buck brush and oak branches. One more week of brush sinking and I'll be fishing again! The fish were biting today though. The limited time I fished I was catching fish down 25' in 30' of water using a black/chartreuse wooly beavertail.
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper