Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anybody been to wappapello lately

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody been to wappapello lately

Might get a chance to go after thanksgiving
    Wonderin if they were still in brush in the coves or if there out in deeper water like channel dropoffs ect.
    Is the lake really low?
    Thanks in advance
    Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

caught 12 keepers on Friday and 18 on Saturday. They have finally started to school up in the river channels. I couldnt catch any under 8' of water and most were caught in 12-15' on the drop offs. Did catch lots of shorts again and it has been a while since i threw back more than i kept. bait didnt seem to matter a whole lot. water was around 51 degrees and was still at summer pool

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info
    If u don't mind me askin were u fishing above or below otter creek?
    Were you spidder riggin or jiggin?
    Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

spider and did a little dipping as well, but bite was much better spider fishing. between the 2 days fished from lost creek to past otter creek. Did a lot fast trolling looking for spots that were holding fish on the electronics and places that were shielded a little from the wind. Most fish on the screen were in 13' of water to 25' surrounding shad. some places the fish were 8' deep and in others they were over 15' deep, but fish were definately starting to school up. Another note for you is the duck hunters in the blind outside otter creek dont like seeing fisherman. Could here them talking smack to one another about the fisherman. I was in the mouth of otter creek and could hear them talking about it, which means their voices were carrying much farther than a shot gun will shoot.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks alot for sharing the details
    Them quackers don't bother us to bad we usually stay far enough away they don't say anything!!!