Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kindergarten started today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kindergarten started today

Met up with seejimfish this morning at Bryants to sign up for the Winter Buddy Series. First off let me say that Jamie and the guys at Bryants were super cool. Me being new to the tourney game I had lots of questions to ask and didn't remember all of them. Jamie answered everything I threw out there and by the time I left their store he was joking around and telling me to move cuz he was working here. :p. I felt pretty good. Got on the water with Jim and started feeling a bit inadequate because of my equipment. I run short rods and do a lot of flipping jigs. Jim runs long rods and does a lot of dippin. Two completely different styles. I think we're gonna make a decent team. We were both catching some fish. I had a great time fishing today and look forward to tourney day on Saturday. I came into this wanting to learn some stuff and I feel that it will be just that. I just hope I can keep up. Had a really good time and couldn't have made the connection with Jim if it hadn't been for this site and all the cool people on here. Can't wait to meet more members in the future.
    Proof is in the pictures. Top is nine and bottom is Slabbenstein!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on getting in the tournament. You guys will learn a lot. Sounds like with both of you fishing differant styles will be a learning experiance for both of you in the future. Like you said you met a member and made a friend because of this site. I have made many many friends because of this site some I see every few days and others at least once a month. Some will now be life long friends. Pretty cool. Can't wait to meet you and Jim again. Wish you luck in the tournament. No matter what them 7 fish fish weigh hold your heads high and soak up all the information you can. We will look forward to fishing with or against you two in the Truman CDC tournaments next year.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of different ways to put crappie in the boat and fishing with others is just the way to learn it. This site is awesome for people sharing with others about new (different) techniques and ideas about crappie fishing for sure.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't agree more, bowman. Some good folks on here for sure.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Two different styles in the same boat will get you on a pattern pretty quick find the one thats working better on tournament day and go from there,go get em fellas and good luck.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck. Next week you'll be buying a 10' jigging pole. Once you start using it, it is hard to go back to the short poles.

Post Thanks / Like

You will learn a lot tourney fishing. Keep your eyes open on the water and your ears open at the weigh ins.
    Good Luck I hope you start off with a bang.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck fellas, I know you'll have a great time.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish