Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: couple thoughts on fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default couple thoughts on fishing

Met a guy yesterday Buzzy and I that is, we were sitting at the bridge piers up by Cedar Ridge and this guy came up to the boat and struck up a conservation, well me being me I talked back
    he stated he was not verry good at crappie fishing, and asked questions, good ones too. I tried to answer them best I could, he asked depth finder questions, I turned mine arround and showed him what was on the screen, and explained that practice is what it takes to catch fish, I think he is a looker on here and not a member yet, reason for this post. hope I made a good impression and he will join, I love helping crappie fishermen/women/kids. peace man

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It is always nice to help out people new to the sport of crappie fishing. Kind of makes you feel good when you can give a little advice and have it payoff for someone.

Post Thanks / Like

I always try to talk to folks and get info or give what little I have to give. I usually will talk to the homeowners at LOZ when I'm hittin up their dock. It's a little easier when I have the little woman with me. It seems that all those ol boys would rather talk to me when I have a pretty girl in the boat. Its amazing how many times they invite her to "come on over here, honey, this is where all the fish are. Just let it sink right next to the jet ski or that big rock over there." All of a sudden she'll get a fish and she's their best buddy. I think information gathering is kinda like the fishing, it's all in the bait.
    Proof is in the pictures. Top is nine and bottom is Slabbenstein!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Slabbenstein View Post
    I always try to talk to folks and get info or give what little I have to give. I usually will talk to the homeowners at LOZ when I'm hittin up their dock. It's a little easier when I have the little woman with me. It seems that all those ol boys would rather talk to me when I have a pretty girl in the boat. Its amazing how many times they invite her to "come on over here, honey, this is where all the fish are. Just let it sink right next to the jet ski or that big rock over there." All of a sudden she'll get a fish and she's their best buddy. I think information gathering is kinda like the fishing, it's all in the bait.
    now this is the best advice I have seen on the board. Take a good looking little lady and you will find all the spots on docks. This is great!!!! Who needs a depth finder to find the brush with this technique. I bet it works really good too

Post Thanks / Like

Default Took This Gentleman

Along with me the last trip to Twain. He informed me when we got back, This was the biggest Crappie he ever caught, "in his life". Beagle, Your right. There's nothing like showing someone a good time, or teaching them the "art" of Crappie Fish'n. Way to go Jim, They get bigger, and we're after'um. This fish was 11 1/2 incher. Name:  DSCN0117_crop.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  141.1 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Dan. It os great taking people that do not get to go much or who have never been at all to fish for crappie. I have took guys from work who have never caught crappie and they get just as excited or maybe more excited as taking a kid and catching their first fish.

Post Thanks / Like

You never know, they might have some advice to help you out also when your out there giving them some advise.

Post Thanks / Like

LSL Angler I have learned a lot from guys who have not been fishing a lot. They maybe trying to do something to fast or not fast enough and on some days it may make the differance in catching. I got into spider rigging because of an old fishing partner of mine that can not go with out dragging a bobber with minnow out the back of the boat. I would be moving from tree to tree and he would catch a fish out in between the trees with his bobber dragging along. Thats when I started doing it with just holding a rod in each hand and going between trees with the jigs in the water. Then ended up buying racks and rods for doing it and have now upgraded 4 or 5 times. I will have to tell him how much money he has cost me since then on rigging.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Your Right Too, Jigging

Name:  DSCN0020_crop.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  141.7 KBName:  DSCN0017_crop.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  141.9 KBHere's a couple more pic's of a man and his son from Iowa, I took out this year. They hadn't had a bite in 2 day's. Rich, the resort owner sent'um to me. We had 3 limit's by 1 o'clock. Mostly eater's, but these 2 had a blast. I didn't no possum's from Iowa smiled this big, I'll call'um Kevin an Dave. LOL. I apologize for these post. But it's OSS's fault. He created these camera's, and because of him, I use it. I'll bet a great day on Twain, That if I ever get OSS in the boat with me, I'll get his photo with a nice fish, "SMILING". Haaaaaaaaaa

Post Thanks / Like

Never ever would i help another fisherman......i like to keep all the spots/info to myself.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast