PDA

View Full Version : Crappie Masters TV

barrelslime
11-13-2010, 06:55 PM
I just watched Crappie Masters on Pursuit Channel. Iv seen it three times before. Anyone else watch this show? It will be on tomorrow at 5:00am on Direct TV 608central time.

Im so glad there is a show devoted to crappie fishing, but I dont like the format. It seems to cover tournements only, at least thats all Iv seen. Id like to see some Bill Dance or Roland Martin format. Fish an area, show graphics, show the depth finder, explain whats being done, explain tackel, rods, reels etc...........

What do the rest of you think. The show airs on Direct TV, channel 608 Sat at 5:00 and Sunday at 5:00am central times. :confused:

Locator79
11-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Yeah, I like the show. Don't know how long its been on, I just found it earlier this year. I have seen all the shows, and they are now repeats. Great show, just wish there were some new ones coming out.

Speckanator
11-13-2010, 07:20 PM
I've taped all of them, and it seems you're right about repeats. I think there are only about 4 or 5 episodes and very little information other than tournaments. I've lucked onto a Bill Dance a while back that had some good information.

hunter7711
11-13-2010, 07:24 PM
I was excited when it started, but now I could care less. I've seen 4 shows, 4 times each. Don't like the format either. Just like there tournaments, if you don't have a wraped boat and 10 sponsors you don't get any time. It needs to more instructonal.

timbaux
11-13-2010, 08:22 PM
we had a show down here.. it was just general fishing and the fish werent trophy sized, but it was real, and those guys explained what they were doing, where they were fishing. No tournament stuff, just real fishing. Hasnt been on in a while.

Dutch552
11-13-2010, 08:27 PM
G3 Sportsman had a real good show on last month and had a couple different instructional segments on pulling cranks and jig fishing. I TiVo Crappie Masters and at most you'll get the name and color of a jig. Poor editing between segments and a stale host lead me to believe that this show wasn't geared toward most of us and wasn't well thought out.

MePreach
11-13-2010, 08:47 PM
I agree Dutch552!

the crappie soldier
11-13-2010, 10:26 PM
Check out My Outdoor TV, its online but has a ton of fishing shows if you have highspeed internet. I like CrappieMasters just would like to see more.
Fishing TV Show Directory | MyOutdoorTV.com (http://www.myoutdoortv.com/fishing/show-directory)

wannabe fisherman
11-14-2010, 07:39 AM
For more good Crappie shows Google up Russ Bailey Midwest Crappie. He has some good shows from most all of the really popular lakes around the country. He usually fishes with a local guide and tells exactly what they're doing and how. Great shows.

frank lawhead
11-14-2010, 08:09 AM
For more good Crappie shows Google up Russ Bailey Midwest Crappie. He has some good shows from most all of the really popular lakes around the country. He usually fishes with a local guide and tells exactly what they're doing and how. Great shows.

Lots of information on Russ,s shows

Dongotto
11-14-2010, 08:48 AM
If they could just add a short instructional segement it would help a lot. Each week they could have one of the fisherman explain how to tie rigs, new cool stuff, or anything that could help the weekend crappie angler. Five minutes of instruction would make the show much better IMO. I watch it because it's about crappie and I love to crappie fish, but I wonder how many people out there are fishing crappie tournament and that is all it is for. Yes I understand that Bass Pro Crappie Masters is paying the bill, so promotion of those events is a must.

PIGINTHEPIGPEN
11-14-2010, 04:19 PM
The host of the show does not do much for me. One of the shows I watched. He was prefishing with a local guide. He, not the guide. Said that if you were not fishing the first 2 or last 2 hours of daylight. You were waisting your time. Then they showed the tournement. Everbody was catching fish and nice ones to. Guess the people fishing the tournement figured out a way to catch fish after the first 2hr of daylight. lol.

Mrs. Crappie Stalker
11-14-2010, 04:56 PM
When we found out they were gonna do the Crappie Masters show, we really looked forward to watching it. After a few shows, I'm not impressed. IMHO - not a great host and poor production quality are foremost, followed by content that's not all that informative. It seems to be nothing but a play by play of the tournament with very little "teachable" moments.

kycreek
11-14-2010, 05:55 PM
It leaves a lot to be desired, but it is a crappie show at least. Can't even compare at all with Russ's show. He blows it out of the water. IMHO

barrelslime
11-14-2010, 06:12 PM
I agree totally with everyone, I just wanted to know if I was alone, or if the show really does SUCK

russ
11-16-2010, 07:01 AM
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to thank you for the comments about our show (Midwest Crappie). I really feel fortunate to have been able to do this show and do appreciate the feedback. The new series will be up and running soon.

Again, thanks and God Bless,
Russ