Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pheasant Opener!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pheasant Opener!!!

My son and me fell into an excellent hunt last year with a great farmer in Plainville and are going back this year! ( he needed bodys to cover the crp ha ha ) Where are some of you guys going? Also we'll be there early friday morn and will take a spinning rod for some bank action. Any of you familiar with maybe Webster or Kirwin's spillway fishing or maybe a close city lake with some decent bank action? Thanks and be safe out there guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Webster has a breakwater by the north boat ramp that can be excellent from the bank, also the old marina cove. The coves around the lake are good also, not sure how the Bow city area is, but you'll probably catch plenty. Theres a lake at Plainville also thats been excellent in the past. Websters got plenty of black crappie.
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiedoc View Post
    Webster has a breakwater by the north boat ramp that can be excellent from the bank, also the old marina cove. The coves around the lake are good also, not sure how the Bow city area is, but you'll probably catch plenty. Theres a lake at Plainville also thats been excellent in the past. Websters got plenty of black crappie.
    Awesome doc! Might just forget the 12 ga. ha ha

Post Thanks / Like

I was planning on heading back to hutch but my farmers are all bow hunting this weekend, sounds like it's back to the old duck blind for me. May head out to Glen Elder next weekend.
    It's not duck season so I have to do something... :D

You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nick, you own farmers?Just kiddn,how has the duck hunting been this year?

Post Thanks / Like

Heading out to Hoisington, have a friend who farms lots of acres, lots of birds last year. Been busting some clays, hope my shooting is better this year. This the best time of the year, birds are flying and fish are biting.

Post Thanks / Like

Duck hunting has been hit and miss. Each new front has been bring in a good push of birds so no bad days, just some are slower than others.
    It's not duck season so I have to do something... :D

You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

i know rons clays don't have many feathers how about those ducks?

Post Thanks / Like

Be safe and for those of you traveling, bring your mud tires and your mother-in-law to push. In NCK it'a rained all night and supposed to rain all day. I don't hunt anymore, but my son does and I hope for some birds of the field, cause I'm tired of duck. Good luck all and be safe!
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

yeah doc if i had to depend on the duck i would have to fish more to have something to eat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast