Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: winter time is here too stay!

Post Thanks / Like

Default winter time is here too stay!

Well, I hope everyone had a good time fishing in Jan. while the weather was nice, now that we have 5 inches of snow on the ground I guess we get to wait for awhile until the weather warms up. This should be a good time to mold some new crappie jigs I was cleaning out my takcle box the other day and realized I only had 10 crappie jigs left. Now that the weather sucks I can re vamp my tackle and get ready for when the real nice weather moves in. What is everyone else doing with the weather the way it is???...Oh, too make things worse I whipped out one of my old IN-Fisherman Crappie dvd's and watched it today that didnt help the fishin fever any!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ah this snow wont last to long, I will be out this weekend hunting them down. Got maybe 2-3" here in Jeff City, I hear more the farther south you go. Yes it a good time to clean the tackle box, I have been painting jig heads like crazy. I have just started a new hobby as pouring plastic baits. I hoping to get alot of them poured up before spring gets here.
    Last edited by TAE73; 02-08-2006 at 09:16 AM.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Just a dusting up here in NWMO,I can take the cold and snow-its the wind I hate

Post Thanks / Like

We got bout 2 1/2" here in SEMO. Yeah went to wally world today to stock up on some jigs that it'll probably never see the water, but they looked good to me. Ain't that what they make them fancy jigs fer, to catch fisherman, not fish!:D
    "She's A Bute Clark"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Winter

Right now I'm tearing down all my bassin reels and cleaning/lubricating them. I just starteed doing this myself and can do about 2 reels thoroughly in one evening. I think I have about 6-7 more reels to go. I might even take a look at my crappie under-spins and hit them with some good oil and grease. It's too early to re-spool line on any of them- I don't know how long until I could stretch the line out anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishin is what i'm doin, i can't help myself i have to go when i'm on em.A buddy and i went out this morning in the wind and snow,it was rough but worth it we limited out,they moved deeper since sunday and wanted the jig in front of them with little movement but when they hit it they smacked it.Today was so much fun we're gonna try em in the morning.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bugman
    Fishin is what i'm doin, i can't help myself i have to go when i'm on em.A buddy and i went out this morning in the wind and snow,it was rough but worth it we limited out,they moved deeper since sunday and wanted the jig in front of them with little movement but when they hit it they smacked it.Today was so much fun we're gonna try em in the morning.

Man it must be nice not having to work for a living.... just joking Bugman glad someone is out there fishing.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

My time is coming,bug's dont stir much in this weather but i do cause i know when the weather breaks my fishin time is limited.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Hey TA I'm from Jeff City too. Where you fishin at this weekend..would LOZ be a good bet? I'm ready!! I've only had my boat out twice this year and I just bought it so its killin me to get it out and use it!! I did go to Everharts yesterday bought lots of jig skirts
    Last edited by HEB; 02-09-2006 at 07:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I am think I might go out of PB #2 this weekend, I havent fished that part of the lake since Nov. I like it becuase its a close drive from Jeff. I dont care much for coffman beach becuase parking can be a real pain in the butt.
    Ted

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast