Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spider Rigging Rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider Rigging Rods

Wanted to try spider rigging. Already have the Hi-Tek rod holder system. My question is do I buy BNM Pro Series rods or the Capps and Coleman rods also in what length (14ft) ? Thanks for any suggestions.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the B'n'M Pro Trollers to pull crankbaits with and the B'n'M Bucks Graphite Jig Pole to spider rig with. I use 12 footers for spider rigging.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use all 13' poles and they get 'er done. I'd go with 14'ers if I could store them but theyre a tad too long for my boat. I dont like breaking my poles down on every trip.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

14' either, I have both. I Use the C&C's fishing shallow, and the PT's fishing deep.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the wally marshall universal rods...but I've had them for about 5 years...I've heard they have had some quality issues in the recent past.... that I hope they have corrected...

I use...
    12'footers at the 10,11,1, and 2 o'clock position..
    10'footers at the 8, 9, 3, and 4 o'clock position
    14'footers at 7:30 and 4:30 o'clock position...

I'm covering 33'ft of water in 1 swath...
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

FYI you can get 8 pinnacle limit 12fts rods for $100 and after fishing them this past weekend they work fine. I'm always reluctant to buy cheap stuff, but they have good reports and now I know why. Not saying they would be the best choice for the tourny trail but a good way to learn about slow trolling and keep the cost down.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

can those pinnacle rods hold heavy weight without buckling over? I spider rig minnows in deep water with 3/4 ounce sinkers and i hate it when i order rods that are supposed to be able to hande the heavy weights then when i get em i gotta point my rods torward they sky cause the arc in my rod is great. I have w/m rods now and i have solved the prob but i wanna get some more for the back of my boat when i have buddies go with me.
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The Pinnacle Limit series do fine and are a great value for the price. But if you want a rod made for trolling or pushing with heavy weights buy the B'n'M Pro Staff trolling rods. I started with the Limit series about 4 years ago and they did me fine. Have used several brands since then and have settled on the B'n'M Pro Staff rods. Southern Young Gun if I were you I would buy the Limit series for the back of the boat for the buddies. I am thinking about doing the same thing. Getting four more rods with spinning reels for fishing with guys who do not have their own rods.

Post Thanks / Like

I use 1oz on the limit rods 12 footers not a problem. 4 for 50 bucks. Cant beat em

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

there is nothing stiffer than the wally marshall tightlines, too stiff for me but I don't usually use more than 1/2 ounce, the Pro Staff's are my favorite, however...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    The Pinnacle Limit series do fine and are a great value for the price. But if you want a rod made for trolling or pushing with heavy weights buy the B'n'M Pro Staff trolling rods. I started with the Limit series about 4 years ago and they did me fine. Have used several brands since then and have settled on the B'n'M Pro Staff rods. Southern Young Gun if I were you I would buy the Limit series for the back of the boat for the buddies. I am thinking about doing the same thing. Getting four more rods with spinning reels for fishing with guys who do not have their own rods.
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast