Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: need info on sardis

abe1 Guest

Post need info on sardis

I am a first timer on this board so let me start with a thank-you for any help I get. My boys and I want to go to Sardis when they are out of school the third weekend of February. I am looking for info on the lake level and the bite as well as some place to stay. There will be two boats with a total of five people. I also could use help on what part of the lake to fish and what the hot bait is. I can use all the help I can get as my boys are 8 and 13 and this is there first time on an out of state fishing trip. Again Thank-You for your help Abe1

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a link that will give you daily updates on the water levels.
    Right now it is at 247.4

http://www.mvk.usace.army.mil/riverstage/bullet.txt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sardis

Abe1, if I read your post right, you are talking about fishing Sardis the weekend of February 18,19. I don't want to pour water on your plans, but making an out of state trip to fish Sardis this early has a hugh chance to be a complete bust!

The lake is cold, muddy, and being pulled DOWN by the COE because it is actually above their projected fill curve.

If there are folks out there with positive info, please post!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Pops, wait until mid-march if you can. IMO Sardis water level needs to be at 252 to 257 for the fishing to get right

Post Thanks / Like

plus its calling for rain all weekend

Post Thanks / Like

I would agree with the above, receommend sliding your trip 30 days. Fish will not be in the pre spawn mode yet and it is cold. But then i don't live in mississippi, but wish i did each spring!!!