Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ones

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ones

Been out three times in the past week. First trip resulted in one red in west V-Bay, the second produced one speck at the Trash Pile off Cypremort Point, and yesterday I got one red at Mud Point in V-Bay. Good thing I have plenty of white beans on hand or I'd be getting hungry by now! :D
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Ok sneakypete, these pictures were taken of the mouth of the Atchafalaya River where it flows into the gulf. Now I've shown you where they are, you go catch em by the bunches. Good luck.

Name:  REDS-2-2.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  93.8 KBName:  REDS-3-2.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  48.5 KBName:  REDS-4-2.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  75.5 KBName:  REDS-1-2.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  74.3 KB
    Be as smart as you can, but it is always better to be wise than to be smart.

Post Thanks / Like

J - I appreciate the help. However, I believe those pics were taken a couple of weeks ago. Fish have tails, you know! You wouldn't be trying to send me on a wild goose (Redfish?) chase, n'est pas?
    Still, thanks for the thought.
    Pete (I'll get 'em tomorrow!)
    Maybe...
    One, anyway...
    Maybe again...
    Come on, goose season!!! I KNOW I won't have any trouble getting none of them! :D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

My son sent me those pics and said he was taking his son redfishing. Know they'd like to get into a bunch like that. Lot of fun right there.
    Be as smart as you can, but it is always better to be wise than to be smart.

Post Thanks / Like

J -
    I could be mistaken (Not having any redfish ancestry in me), but I believe that's a spawning aggragation. Those used to be prime targets for the Florida purse-seine boats that almost decimated the offshore spawning stocks of these fish in the days when "K-Paul Poophead" was charring their flesh for a new food-fad.
    I have witnessed those gatherings - no where in all sportfishing is there a comparable no-brainer. Please suggest your son practice catch-and-release with them.
    Thanks.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Pete,
    I've been trying to find a good goose hunting guide -- any chance you can show a short-timer Air Force guy how and where?
    All fishing, all the time!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird87 View Post
    Pete,
    I've been trying to find a good goose hunting guide -- any chance you can show a short-timer Air Force guy how and where?
    Cher, you don't want me to try to show you how! The only thing I am worse at than hunting specklebellies is fishing for sac-a-lait! I go to hunt, not especially to shoot - if you understand.
    A good place to look is south of LA 14 between Kaplan and Lake Arthur and north to the Interstate between Crowley and Welsh. My spot is the family farm of a college buddy of my son-in-law. Wish I could be of more help, but the situation there makes it the best I can do.
    There are guide services in that area that are listed in the Lafayette newspaper. I don't believe any of them offer guarantees - that's because of the nature of it all.
    Bon chance.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pete! I'll look over that area. Shot lots of big Canada honkers in Montana, Missouri and Illinois, but have yet to bag a specklebelly.
    All fishing, all the time!

Post Thanks / Like

I can fix you up with a good specklebelly guide. He hunts south of Welsh in the Thornwell area. If you are interested PM me. He is a good friend and has several blinds and a camp.